• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KR7A-RAID FSB fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oneiron

Can anyone tell me how to remove the HS thats on the "FSB" on my KR7A RAID mobo? And do any of you know the specs. of the fan on the HS? Can any of you make a suggestion as to what I can exchange this HS and FAN with to get some better cooling? (If I ain't misstaken it is a 40mm fan that comes with the mobo?)

Oneiron said:
Can anyone tell me how to remove the HS thats on the "FSB" on my KR7A RAID mobo? And do any of you know the specs. of the fan on the HS? Can any of you make a suggestion as to what I can exchange this HS and FAN with to get some better cooling? (If I ain't misstaken it is a 40mm fan that comes with the mobo?)
Do you mean the NORTHBRIDGE HSF? Specs are ..... uh..... hmm..... it's weak & that's all there is to it. Have you tried checking to see if the BOrb fits or even better the COrb? To remove the current HSF all you have to do would be to pinch the locks on the pins behind the MoBo then pull it out.

yeah, thx... the C Orb will fit. I'll get a tube of arctic silver glue and test the sucker. Have any of you tried this, and if so could you tell me what to expect? (a big decrease in heat I hope! :) )

Back