• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KT7 RAID prob...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DiRtY wIzArD

Registered
When I change my Multipler in my Bios from the ABIT KT7raid nothing happens my CPU still works on the same MHZ as before(=900 Mhz T-bird)
What do I have to do??

Start from the hompage and read all of the different posts and guides. We all started there. It will really help you out.

Try either the pencil trick or get a conductive pen.

you have to connect the L1 Bridges on the CPU, I would suggest taking the CPU completely out of your computer and cleaning off any thermal paste thats on it. Now when you look at the CPU you should see a bunch of gold dots around the sides and there should be a set a 4 ( 8 individual 'dots') that have the label "L1" in front of them. If you look closely you should see that these have been cut by a laser. You need to connect them, it should be like this:

L1 : : : :

and you want it to look like this

L1 | | | |

most people use a pencil, conductive pen or rear window defrost repair kits. I used the rear window defrost repair kit and it worked flawlessly and is easy to clean if you need to redo it, etc. The conductive pens (from what I've seen) are more difficult to use and the pencil sometimes doesn't work very well.

If you want more info go to places like

http://www.tomshardware.com (I think)

and look around for stuff on overclocking Athlons/T-Birds.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS flash for your board... You shouldn't have to unlock it. The latest flash for the KT7 does it for you automatically. (I'm speaking on terms using an Athlon Processor, not a T-Bird.

On that board you should have the ability to push the FSB up to 135 or 140, you also have the ability to push the CPU ratio to (MAX) 12.5. I'm speaking from my own experience. Give it a shot and see if this helps.

FBRopz (Feb 13, 2001 08:35 p.m.):
Make sure you have the latest BIOS flash for your board... You shouldn't have to unlock it. The latest flash for the KT7 does it for you automatically. (I'm speaking on terms using an Athlon Processor, not a T-Bird.

Are you sure about that? I've never heard that a new BIOS ver will allow you to change the multiplier. What do you mean in terms of an Athlon processor and not a T-Bird? Athlon Classics can't run on a KT7. Only T-Birds (NEW Athlons) can run on the KT7.

Back