• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All 3 of my computers are acting weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

I don't understand what's going on here...

Laptop: Network card is cycling on and off for no reason. It won't let me access my shared drives on my server for no reason. Avast seems to be corrupt now that I did a system restore. Everything is slow.
Server: Cannot access server from remote desktop whatsoever. PS3 Media server stopped working completely. Everything is slow. Won't recognize keyboard strokes, but keyboard will awake it from screensaver.
Main: Won't boot up past the "starting windows" screen.

I have ran MalwareBytes, Spybot and done a full Avast scan and nothing is being picked up.

What the hell is going on?

It seems some poltergeist(s) allergic to technology and radio waves found a new home...

You might want to run a hard drive test on your MAIN. I just checked out a neighbor's laptop that was doing that (Vista loading bar that never stops) and it failed Seagate's own diagnostic rather quickly.

Just dumped Avast and installed Microsoft Security Essentials...

Already found 2 items in Firefox cache that were trojans...Just removed them rebooted computer and it seems my network isn't going on and off now.
Hope that did it!

Screw Avast...

So far I like it...seems super lightweight, even less than when AVG used to be good.

AVG was never good. :D. It's Microsoft or Avira Freeware for the win.

You might want to run a hard drive test on your MAIN. I just checked out a neighbor's laptop that was doing that (Vista loading bar that never stops) and it failed Seagate's own diagnostic rather quickly.

I have run into a couple of those over the past 3 weeks, but I think the drives were Western Digital.

Back