• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Allied.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Ive been reading a lot of reviews for my Allied 450W PSU and i've been hearing some bad experiences with this particular PSU. Nothing has happened yet, but can I trust this PSU, or should I go with Antec Tru Power? Explain...

Made by Deer - better than they used to be, but I wouldn't take one myself if you paid me unfortunately. They remain the poorest designed electronic products I've ever seen as an electronics tech, and IMO anyone who has one should replace it - my older 250w was not kind to my Western Digital hard drives.

I would suggest a Fortron 400w or better, or Antec 430w or better at Newegg for your system. If you're really low on funds, a Sparkle (Fortron) FSP350-60BT will do the job too but will be strained a bit.

I had a 450watter, gave out decent power. Seemed to be about the same power-wise as my 350watt fortron. Maybe a bit less.

Back