• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM3+ Chips to buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With the 6300, what voltage am i looking at for 4.5-.6ghz? Will this cooler be able to take those voltages if i decide to oc? I dont need more heat problems. Also what is better to do, change the voltage and speed in the bios or use a AII suite to OC while running a benchmark.

Also what is better to do, change the voltage and speed in the bios or use a AII suite to OC while running a benchmark.

I have never had good luck with voltage changes within windows. Here is what I normally do:

Software needed:
AMD OD to bump multiplier
Hwinfo64
Older version of p95

Process:
1. Hardset stock settings, including voltages. Set LLC to desired amount.
2. Bump multiplier
3. Save bios, boot windows

.... Loop begins ....
A) run p95 for 20 mins:
If pass:
Open AOD, bump multiplier one notch
Repeat A)
If fail(usually bsod):
Load bios, bump voltage. Hard set last good multiplier.
Repeat A)

Loop breaks when temps are too high, or if goal is achieved.

Okay will do. Thanks for the input.

- - - Updated - - -

Really quick, what is the HT link speed supposed to be and what is the NB frequency supposed to be? I was reading a different post that was talking about it and couldnt find it.

If I was him I would have a set of custom wheels made and get some other tyres with a 200 mph rating because your never going to go over 200 mph anyway,you need to use the super key and there are not to many roads that you can do it on in the entire world and a custom set of wheels and tyres would be only 10000

Although that might be an acceptable solution for some cars. I seriously doubt that the owner of 1 of only 450 cars built that cost $2.6 million new would go that route.

Okay will do. Thanks for the input.

- - - Updated - - -

Really quick, what is the HT link speed supposed to be and what is the NB frequency supposed to be? I was reading a different post that was talking about it and couldnt find it.

Leave the HT Link speed alone. Automatic. With the FX CPUs we don't normally mess with anything but the core frequency ratio and the core voltage.

Its all good.

its possible. But these boards are supposed to handle extreme ocing, unless i burned it up with heat or something. maybe is had a small defect and 9590 made is worst? who knows.

Also as a side thought, i did throw in 7 different fried cpu's in it testing them. that probably didnt help.

So i just got off the phone with asus and i will rma it probably monday. I will use the system for hw over the weekend and send it over. But i have a question, how do i ship a mobo? i dont have original box or an anti static bag.

So i just got off the phone with asus and i will rma it probably monday. I will use the system for hw over the weekend and send it over. But i have a question, how do i ship a mobo? i dont have original box or an anti static bag.
You'd have to find a box that fits it and an antistatic bag. Check out electronic stores for the antistatic bag. Such as radioshack, or some other place that sells electronic parts. That'd be my recommendation. You don't want Asus to blame the defective product on your packing. :/

You should always keep a Mobo box in my opinion. Same for GFX cards. But that's what I do.

You may be able to contact em again and ask if they could send you packing material if you pay shipping. I know EVGA will send a card first if you put a deposit, and you can use that packing material to send a card back.

You'd have to find a box that fits it and an antistatic bag. Check out electronic stores for the antistatic bag. Such as radioshack, or some other place that sells electronic parts. That'd be my recommendation. You don't want Asus to blame the defective product on your packing. :/

You should always keep a Mobo box in my opinion. Same for GFX cards. But that's what I do.

Well i do have a saber tooth mobo box i can use, would that work? I would just have to pick up an anti static bag. Are they expensive? And would the USPS have one or will i have to run to frys.

just take it to the ups store please.
reset bios to default,
remove battery,
take very clear pictures of every inch of the board, front and back, if they find a scratched trace or something they will reject your rma.
copy the serial number of the board also.

just take it to the ups store please.
reset bios to default,
remove battery,
take very clear pictures of every inch of the board, front and back, if they find a scratched trace or something they will reject your rma.
copy the serial number of the board also.

Wait so should i use the mobo box and anti static box or do they have something i can use?

Okay I will. Will do.

if you can get hold of a motherboard box and antistatic bag, DO THAT!
then take it to the ups store and have them package THAT.
what ever motherboard box and antistatic bag you can get your mits on.

If the Sabertooth is a socket AM3+ board it will work every bit as good as the Crosshair V you are returning, especially with an FX-6300. The Sabertooth is an awesome board.

Back