• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 6300 and an ASRock 970 PRO3 Overclock.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep you're right on the mem it's x2. Are you using a manual voltage or an offset? With the hardware failure you probably need more volys.

1.25 ish volts to the cpu is not enough voltage for much more than the 4.0Ghz you reached.
RGone...

Hmm So before I overclock it anymore I would be better off installing that fan under the MOBO right?

You say...

Hmm So before I overclock it anymore I would be better off installing that fan under the MOBO right?

REply:

1. I would say this about what I have seen when glancing at user reveiws at newegg. First page of reviews have 8 out of 10 users reporting dead board after a little usage. The latest review that I see was right at May of this year and the board is likely superseded since it is no longer for sale.

2. So #1 above had me look close at the board and I see there are no heatsinks on that 4+1 VRM and that 4+1 VRM is very borderline to push a 6 core cpu very much. PLUS there are NO heatsinks on the mosfets of the VRM module. I think I would investigate the size of the mosfets and get some stick on sinks and then put a fan blowing over the new mosfet sinks and that would lower the socket temp which is *not yet* out of bounds anyway.

Otherwise I fear you will eventually have a failed motherboard when you push the 6 core processor. This is what I would attend to after nearly 2 years of dealing with these lesser boards and the power hungry FX processors.
RGone...

970Pro3.jpg

Back