• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 810X4 2.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd try an 8x NB and maybe 4x HT Link keeping RAM at the 1333 setting. If that fails to boot or is highly unstable then you're probably hitting the top end of your clock speed @ 270 MHz ...

293X12 now with 1560ish ram speed. HT is 1758, NB/CPU 2637. CPU Vid as shown in everest is 1.51 right now. Can play games and do other things, but this fails 5 minutes into OCCT testing. Temps peak around 50c still so my modded air system is not doing to bad a job. I don't think temps are my issue. Looks like I have definately hit a wall and 24/7 3.6 is a no go :)

I was curious as to the use of the ACC in the bios. I tried it at auto once to see if it unlocked the extra cache on this board, but that was a no go. I currently have it disabled though.

Last edited:
I'd try an 8x NB and maybe 4x HT Link keeping RAM at the 1333 setting. If that fails to boot or is highly unstable then you're probably hitting the top end of your clock speed @ 270 MHz ...

That would **** me off so bad to have it that low... I am glad my board is pretty good with the fsb because I can get 300+ stable. (I used the A64 oc'ing guide, or atleast most of it) and I found my htlink is stable (in the bios) up to 1550mhz. So Now I run a x5 multi instead of x4.

Each board is different and sometimes the CPU/board combination is different too. Even if his board is limited to ~270 with the 810 it doesn't mean it wouldn't run a lot faster with a K8. Hopefully your 720/board combination won't experience that type of behavior. It probably won't since it's a rare occurrence but it's possible ...

Ohhh god. Me too! I hope nVidia and Amd play nice in this instance! They have been so far, but I hope it works just as well on my new chip.

got my 810 stable at 3.12ghz @ stock vcore.(240x13)
ht link: x8
cpu-nb: x9
rams: 1280 (9-9-9-24) @ stock voltage.
might try to better the above. this was juz testing the latest bios for msi 790fx gd70

before it wouldnt go past 2.8ghz with stock vcore. but the latest bios for msi gd70 board works great. wonderful thing is, amd CnQ is able to run (unlike before) even when u oc up to a max htt of 280mhz. and also the post led now displays the cpu temps.

My goal is to continue to run this at 3.4-3.5 with 1440 ram speed at 7-7-7-20 until 32nm chips are released :) I was gonna spring for an intel 920 d0 or a 955 BE amd, but then I got to reading about the 32nm chips that will start off in production in q4 this year. Sounds like I just need this cpu for 1 year then I am off to the local microcenter for one of those :)

My motherboard/cpu combo just doesn't like to pass OCCT above 3510 no matter what I do to it. I don't wanna see the cpu vcore above 1.50 so I will stick with where I am with a 30% OC

Well a little update with new cooler...

Currently testing at 3.25 Ghz at 1.31 Vcore(load is at 40-42C during day and 37C at night) Ram is at 1:2(1000) right now because I was having problems booting with it at anything over 1300 and I cant get memtest to boot on my flash drive for the life of me.

Feels like I got a good chip hitting 3.2 under 1.325 vcore. I have a feeling my motherboard might crap out before the cpu does if it goes under ice.

I can not get mine stable at 3.6+ for the life of me. I tried all the newest revisions on the bios for my mobo, but this motherboard just does not like an ht clock past 270 no matter the multiplier changing. I've cranked down ram, ramped up volts etc but nada. I think my motherboard is the issue. I am happy with 3.5 stable 24/7 though on this chip as it is a lock multiplier in a middle of the road price range.

got my 810 stable at 3.12ghz @ stock vcore.(240x13)
ht link: x8
cpu-nb: x9
rams: 1280 (9-9-9-24) @ stock voltage.
might try to better the above. this was juz testing the latest bios for msi 790fx gd70

before it wouldnt go past 2.8ghz with stock vcore. but the latest bios for msi gd70 board works great. wonderful thing is, amd CnQ is able to run (unlike before) even when u oc up to a max htt of 280mhz. and also the post led now displays the cpu temps.

Do you have to run cas 9? Those are REALLY REALLY REALLY loose timings for 1300mhz... Even Chew* was running 1800+mhz on cas 7....

Wonder if we will get a 8XX BE

I doubt it, Amd probably wants the consumers to buy the most expensive trike for unlocked or the most expensive quad... :bang head

I know that:cry: I was thinking out loud. If you looked over that link I PMed you you can see a minute difference (fractions of a percent in most things and never more than 2%) in speed due to the extra cache (6 to 4) but if they made the 8XX in BE it would out sell the 9XX hands down.

I was at the local microcenter today...they had a sale on the 955 BE so... :( They didn't have the FX motherboard I wanted to go with it so I am gonna shove it in the m4 for now and stick the 810 to the side until I can order a better board to go with this 955 :)

I will make a separate thread and keep ya all updated. I am guessing this motherboard will hold me back some until I get a better one. Yes, the cas 9 settings are actually spec for the sticks I have. If he is running the same ram I am then specs are loose at 9-9-9-24, but I also have mine set at 7-7-7-20.

Do you have to run cas 9? Those are REALLY REALLY REALLY loose timings for 1300mhz... Even Chew* was running 1800+mhz on cas 7....

like i said, tts not my final tweak. was juz testing the new bios for gd70. wanna see how far it can bring my 810 on stock vcore(1.28v). so far 20% overclock but i havent tried pushing it any further yet cuz this is stable. im trying 7-7-7-21 now and its runs fine. the problem im having is, i dun wanna tighten too much because im running on 4 ram modules (1gb each) and i read somewhere that the am3 ram controller isnt stable when u have all 4 slots filled because of a bug. ill try tighten them again report back.

edit: well, like i said i cant tighten the rams any further.( slaps ownself for getting 4 modules instead of 2) tried running 6-8-6-18 and it goes into BSOD right before booting in windows. a voltage bump might do the trick, but thats not what i wanted. i wanted to try to push this rig as far as it can on stock voltages. after im sure it can run stable. then ill push it again with adjusted voltages. right now settling with 7-7-7-20 and running memtest atm.

Last edited:
From what I am reading some of the 1st revisions of the chips, including the 810 and the 955 have some issues with the IMC. There is now a CY IMC revision for the 955 out there, which is the version that chew used. Unfortunately, the 955 I bought this weekend is not that revision and I am having issues overclocking it at all :(

A bug in the IMC? Can you explain that ...?

there's a few articles which states that as a cause if ure running more than 1 dimm per channel. im trying to find those few articles but my memory is not that good. so, ill try and post some of those later when im able to locate them.

I wonder if increasing the VDDIO from 1.8v to 1.85-1.90v would resolve it or if it's vDIMM only that can fix it?

I had read back in Dec that there were some problems with DDR3 implementation on X4 but thought they fixed that issue. Apparently they only got part of the problem ...

I read an article today that had an interview with an AMD rep. Apparently DDR3 is having some issues with the p2 x 4 CPU's and the IMC. They had 3 things they could do to resolve the issue prior to launching the new CPU's...they chose lower clock speeds. I think that is why it is harder to get a good ram OC on this new am3 + p2 setups. I will try and locate that article I read at work.

Back