• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Changes its strategy! - XP2100 will come! **ALL AMD FANS SHOULD READ**

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

One last Palomino processor will hit the market within the next three weeks, the XP2100 Palomino processor will give off a grand total dissipation of 73W of power.

I also noticed that Japan news groups are also getting these processors already and the Overclocking potential is sickening. The 1.73GHz CPU can bearly pass 1.85GHz without the Vcore passing 1.85V.

Its truley time for the T-bred said one news group replier. I also learned from several sources that the T-bred will comes in even small processor speeds. The smallest T-bred will now be XP1900 which uses 62W of power, along with a HUGE new family of T-breds,

XP1900 1.60GHz 266FSB
XP2000 1.67GHz 266FSB
XP2100 1.73GHz 266FSB
XP2200 1.80GHz 266FSB
XP2300 1.87GHz 266FSB
XP2400 1.93GHz 266FSB
XP2500 2.00GHz 266FSB
XP2600 2.07GHz 266FSB

Duron 1.00GHz 200FSB
Duron 1.10GHz 200FSB
Duron 1.20GHz 200FSB
Duron 1.30GHz 200FSB
Duron 1.40GHz 200FSB
Duron 1.50GHz 200FSB
Duron 1500+ 1.53GHz 266FSB
Duron 1600+ 1.60GHz 266FSB

MP1500 1.33GHz 266FSB
MP1600 1.40GHz 266FSB
MP1800 1.53GHz 266FSB
MP1900 1.60GHz 266FSB
MP2000 1.67GHz 266FSB
MP2100 1.73GHz 266FSB

This is the official AMD roadmap for 2002 as of February 22nd, 2002. All MP processors are to be based on .18Micron FAB proces technology. All Duron processors based on the PR rating feature .13M technology and an enhanced 266FSB.

AXIA

so what do u think will be the best OCer.. because that 2100 is crap at Ocing..

All the XPs listed in the roadmap are based on the Thoroughbred core and not the Palomino core. That XP2100 is basically out. The newer XP2100 will be a nice overclocker thou.

I bet that the XP1900 (1.6GHz) T-bred will easily hit 2GHz with standard cooling and voltage. Thats gonna be a nice overclocker for the money!

But of course, the higher XP series models will have even more potential due to core reworkings. The 2.07GHz XP should easily hit 2.3GHz+ with standard cooling and voltage. High amounts of cooling and voltage could bring this processor over 2.5GHz+, who knows:eek:

Hope I helped clear the air a bit for you.

AXIA

do u know how AMD plans on locking out the MULTI?? i remeber u saying they might bust out a intel where the MULTI is internal.. or do u think amd will just do another XP..???

I have seen many pictures of the T-breds and all of them have the bridges for multiplier increasements or modifications. Thou, the newer T-breds will be locked with very high multipliers, youll still have the choice whether to unlock or not. According to recent T-bred pictures I've seen, it looks as if the pits are gone and a good HB will once again be all you need!

AXIA

AXIA said:
I have seen many pictures of the T-breds and all of them have the bridges for multiplier increasements or modifications. Thou, the newer T-breds will be locked with very high multipliers, youll still have the choice whether to unlock or not. According to recent T-bred pictures I've seen, it looks as if the pits are gone and a good HB will once again be all you need!

AXIA

i dont think the pits are the only reason the pencil trick wont work on the xp's.... amd added an internal pull down on the bridges that makes it so the graphite in a #2 pencil will just have too much resistence BUT if the pits are gone on the t-bred it would be eazier to connect useing other methods.... conductive ink probly in any case it would remove at least one step from unlocking them

EDIT: btw thanx for the update on the roadmap :)

The Tbreds are very nice...wait till you see what will hit you in the future...by 2005(the year), you'll look at your Tbred like its an 8086. I can't wait for the consumer market to take off. The consumer market is finally at the point where R&D is catching up to the trend of catering to consumers and end users. Our time as computer builders and computer people is rapidly approaching. Finally...it will be great.

How high are the fixed multipliers?

XP1900 1.60GHz 266FSB has a 12X multiplier

XP2000 1.67GHz 266FSB has a 12.5X multiplier

XP2100 1.73GHz 266FSB has a 13X multiplier

XP2200 1.80GHz 266FSB has a 13.5X multiplier

XP2300 1.87GHz 266FSB has a 14X multiplier

XP2400 1.93GHz 266FSB has a 14.5X multiplier

XP2500 2.00GHz 266FSB has a 15X multiplier

XP2600 2.07GHz 266FSB has a 15.5X multiplier

Having a fixed multiplier was the best thing ever to come for the T-bred since it will open up the highest overclocking potential without having to have the FSB so screaming high. Alot of people cannot take advantage of high FSB speeds, remember that.

Also, to the comment on the T-bred unlocking, its true that it may be possible once again to be able to unlock the T-bred with just a HB pencil. They may use the Exact same setup as used on the T-birds. It really seems to appear that way from a visual point of view.

EDIT: Yes, the multiplier is internal just like that of the XP series and the 1.30/1.40GHz Athlons where it was needed since not all motherboards supported the 13X/14X multipliers officially. AMD uses internal Multipliers to insure compatibility. A really sweet thing is that people have found ways to get 20X+ multipliers locked in by modifying the L2 L3 L4 and L5 bridges on the XPs.

AXIA

where did you find this information AXIA?

Is there a new roadmap available on the web? Or any kind of timetable?
Thanks,
Savage1

Man that is awesome I cant wait till the trebs start popping up, I would love to have a xp 2600, imagine those in a dual system...

A really sweet thing is that people have found ways to get 20X+ multipliers locked in by modifying the L2 L3 L4 and L5 bridges on the XPs.

Holy crud, where did you see that, did you hear any such luck with the old grubby T-birds, I want to find and way to get mine past 12x (and the 5x=13x trick aint working), If I new any way, I might actually get a new heatsink!

AMD has delayed the T-bred several weeks with the release of an XP2100 Palomino. They still do not have the T-breds ready to be mass produced and shipped. They are I can tell starting 'small' production and shipments should start by late march, early april.

So April is what its looking like now.

When AMD introduces the XP2100, they will also introduce the Duron 1.4GHz processor. 1.5GHz Duron will come several weeks later.

Most of this news was straight from the Inquirer. There AMD roadmaps have been dead on for the last eight months, very nice.

AXIA

"Duron 1.50GHz 200FSB
Duron 1500+ 1.53GHz 266FSB
Duron 1600+ 1.60GHz 266FSB"

I find this weird! why make a model number if the actual clock speed matches it? why not use true clock speed? and look at the duron 1500+ its performance rating is *below* its actual clock speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to me it looks like they are saying the durons with model numbers will be as good as tbirds at whatever the model number is.... that would make since because didnt amd base their model numbers on tbirds? (ex: a tbird would have to run at 1600mhz to be as fast as an athlon xp 1600+)

Too much somke and mirrors. Im just goign to sit back and wait for the xp 1800 to come down to $100 and then its mine, all mine.

{PMS}fishy said:
Too much somke and mirrors. Im just goign to sit back and wait for the xp 1800 to come down to $100 and then its mine, all mine.

y wait? if u are going to get a palamino anyway u might as well just look around for a good stepping on a lower rated one since they will probly max out at about the same as the higher ones only thing is u might need to unlock it unless u have some really good ram :) look at my sig i think most xp's are maxing out around that minus a couple that use super cooling

Back