• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD ddr 1200 Tbird problems with 166 need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Optimus Prime

So here's the problem guys....

I have an A7V333 with on board raid (bios rev 1014). For ram I have 512mb Corsair cas2 pc3000. My processor came factory unlocked and i havent done any other bridge modifaction other then the way it was when i got it. So i have my multiplier bumped up to 11 so its running at 1466 and i am running stock voltage with no locks.

Right now i am running the stock front side bus setting and the 1/5 devisor so my stuff runs at 333. I want to be able to run my proc at 166 fsb and the 1/1 ratio.

So when i try to do that the comp wont post.... The fans turn etc and the lights come on but no vid no post. Ive bumped the multiplier back so it ends up at stock speed and still no dice. And yes ive even tried running the multiplier up alittle as to be over the lower limit on multilpiers for my proc whatever it may be and no dice. Of course i tried to up the cpu voltage alittle but it still wont budge.

The things that i havent done are to unlock any addition bridges (if necessary i dont know, but if someone does please let me know), or to vmod my board as to increase ram voltage.

Please help guys I'd like to start to fry my proc considering how cheap decent amds are and i cant do it without running a higher mem bandwidth..... Need Speed ugghhhhhhhh.....

Thanks guys

So i just updated to the 1015 bios and it still wont work. I also tried running at 154/31 just to make sure it wasnt my ram. and it still wouldn't boot.

cmon guys some one out there must know what is going on here....
I need help or im going to have to upgrade......

try to set the multi the x6 and try the FSB at 166, and remove the HstCLK + 33/FSB + 33 or whatever it is, so the ratio will stay 1:1, and if it boots, continue upping the FSB further till you hit the memory barier, then just adjust the multi to the last stable point.

See the problem is that i have to keep my pci bus at 33 because i have a raid card and an adaptec scsi card. so if a cant run the multi up at like 8 or so i cant really do it

any suggestions?

Err, why not take out the PCI cards to test and see if it will boot without them... if it does, that should help you narrow down the prob. I understand that you need to use the PCI cards, but it should help with the troubleshootin'.

Back