• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD phenom II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AM3 is due in Feburary, correct?

boards or cpu's? the cpu yea I think so but the boards I'm hoping before that :D.

Step 1: Acceptance /check
Step 2: denial /in process
Step 3: Private Chat //Convince to ship CPU to me /planning now
Step 4: Success

Just got done talking to the company that I bought from, they said that the information for order was sent from vendor. Probably will not hear from AMD till Monday.

let us know

thus the reason I'm having a hard time convincing myself not to buy one. :screwy:

Ok here's a Update...

18.5x202 1,493v in bios load brings it to 1.46-7v (~9% v increase over stock)
1818ht 1.3v
2020nb 1.275v
539mhz 5 5 5 24 30 2t 2.2vddim

has ran test
3 hours of memtest
9 hours of prime95 plus surfing and winamp
3 hours of smp on 3 cores and gaming on the other
Some of the time in each test I turned off some of my case's air flow to make it heat up. (normal case temp 24c after fans shut off 29c)

3.8ghz can be done on 1:2 ram ration instead of 3:8 ratio, higher nb can be had by running 16.5x227 = 2.27ghz nb, Also I tried 4 4 4 15 as stated wasn't able to be ran on the PII's and didn't see a problem at ddr2 800 around 900+ it get's flaky (board).

I'm at a lost here due to my sb600 there has already been a few to show higher 3ghz clocks on some sb600's is not possible, I really don't want to get a am2+ board so chances are I will drop to 3.6ghz and wait on AM3 board to arrive.

I will test any bench you guy would like to see at 3.7 or below as anything else on my system will-would be unstable.

Last edited:
And here I was not believing you.

I still question how you got your hands on the Stepping 1 of an AM3 Phenom II 945

Last edited:
What have you heard about the asus and high voltage problems? I've had no problem running 1.9vcore, 1.7v imc, 2.5vdimm, 1.4vnb/sb/ht all at the same time, i could have bumped the nb/sb volts higher, but i didnt see any need to. All that i just realized my cpu socket was full of glycol and the damn thing still runs :)

Im actually considering buying a second one so i can run the 9850 and the deneb when i get it. Personally, outside of the amd shows, i havent seen gigabyte boards doing that well for the most part. Alot of people have complained about their support, power problems and a bunch of other issues. unless they cleaned up their act with a new board, the gigabytes got a big thumbs down from what i seen. DFI boards do seem good, though they were mostly the sb600 branded ones, not sb750.

Get the asus, it calls for you :D

Thanks for the heads up.

there was a few over at XS that had a problem or 2 with it.

The person sold you an old ES. These are 1Q-2Q Deneb steppings and they OC worse than C2 ;)

I never expected to see one of them over 3.6G.

so thats bad? -1.5v and air needing a sb750 or 800.

what do you think max will be?

so thats bad? -1.5v and air needing a sb750 or 800.

what do you think max will be?

Its better than 2.2G 9500 first released ;)

Those were the ones given to MFGs for platform validations and what they base their info on. With 1.55v, they were all topping out at 3.60G max stable. Nothing more.

You have a better one of the lot if you can get above 3.6G 1.55v stable. I'm not sure if SB750 makes a difference to C1 ES, only know about retail step.

lol yea and it doesn't idle freeze :D

I was happy at 3.5ghz I just would like to try for 4.0 with a new board if I decide to get one. Gonna wait for sb800 I think

yea I think your right.

AFAIK should be 2nd or 3rd Q but that generally mean 4thQ.

I may have to go with a sb750 but the only board that interest me is the asus and I don't care for asus. When the MA790GP-UD4H comes out I may grab it its the newer version of the 790GX-DS4H.

I'm happy where I sit until there is better board options...

I saw at least 2 PII 920 processor sitting in a computer store shelf. I supposed AMD did deliver some goodies. Anyways, I did not get the processor since it is not 940. I am waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. It was at least nice to see the clocking is counting down to the launch.

Back