• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD phenom II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know the funniest thing about this was I found it while searching for an avatar for Phenom II.

BTW, we still need to come up with a good name for the Phenom II. I like Das God Chip.

Also can I get my title to reflect my Avatar.

there use to be a donate button and if you donated to the forums you could get a custom rank. dunno how or if that still exist maybe p.m. luta, SSS, or david.

simply by making everything a lot smaller for more components = good stuff

word

I see senior, dedicated (10 white stars), 9 orange star members, mods and admins with their titles changed. Am I right to say that only these people get this privileges?

as I stated you used to be able to buy your custom rank before inet took over when the forums where ran in skips basement...

now you just get whatever you are at the time... as stated above...

very interesting results. I only have 8600gts for right now. I can't wait to see what kind of results I will get with the card. I know I will have a bottle neck at the GPU end, but this should give us a good idea of how the CPU does with a typical low cost GPU.

Quote from the OCWorkBench review ...
Anyway, In this test, we go for the overclocked speed and with two high end ATi cards. The 3GHz processor is now overclocked to 3.8GHz and i paired up with a 2xATi Radeon HD 4870 graphics card. The system used 2x1GB Kingston DDR2-1066 memory running at CAS 5, 7-7-24, 2T. The BIOS used is the latest 1.25. The processor is overclocked to 3.8GHZ running at 19 X 200 (3.8GHz). default is 3.0GHz (15x200). Cat 8.12 is used.

Looks real easy to overclock!! .. Just bump the multi a few notches !!
I wonder what cooling they used?

thought it was 10 and yea I saw that 1st thing this morning at XS

I know I'm waiting for Newegg, I had to send back the DFI and Ram I just bought because they we're having issues. So Thursday barring that newegg has them i'm ordering another DFI 790FX and 4 gigs of 1066 Dominator along w/ my 940.

My new lapped True 120 is BEGGING for my phenom 2

you have no foxconn boards listed tho in DAS list...

I just looked on the Foxconn website and it's hard to figure what supports PII, but looking at the bios updates it looks like the 790GX boards (A7DA and A7DA-S) do. The latest bios for those 2 boards is dated 12-15-08 and the description says that they support AM3 processors. The bios version number is 81BF1P06.

Their 790FX/SB750 board's (A79A-S) last bios update was dated 9-3-08, so I bet it doesn't support PII.

what about Velocity's Foxconn Destroyer he questioned it.

it's a nvidia chipset tho... last bios was 11-25-08 I think so it may need a new bios to work

yea I think the 790gx and 790fx foxconns should be ok as you stated that 4xpci-e board for 104 at the egg is a killer deal IMO

Back