• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD RaidXpert Raid 0 Not recognized by Win, RaidXpert sees it ok

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGrace

Hey all,

I have had a Raid 0 for years now, stupidly used as a boot drive (I know, stupid). I was in the process this week of trying to get it cloned so I can get rid of the raid, but kept having problems, which are not important to this last problem.

Suddenly, Windows 10 is saying winlogon.exe has an error and will not start the computer. Tried everything, including all sorts of Win10 repair disks. No go.

So I took my intended new drive and just installed it and Win 7 x64 Pro.

The Raid 0 drive is not showing up in Windows. Installed the chipset drivers and raid drivers straight from AMD.com.

RaidXpert is also loaded.

RaidXpert, using the web UI, is seeing the Raid drive, and says it is ok.

I just need to access the drive so I can try to drop another winlogon.exe file from an uncorrupted system. And to recover documents off the drive.

Ideas?

This seems like I am missing something simple, as RaidXpert is seeing the drive all ok (as is the BIOS).

Thanks,

DB

go into disk management and set the partition as active and assign it a drive letter most likely.

That did it. Disk Manager was saying they were foreign disks. Imported, now Windows wants to scan them which I am totally going no way on.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Back