• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP 2600+ (266fsb) and MSI K7t 266pro2, need some help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NVetro

Hey all. I recently decided to upgrade me system from an AMD XP 1800+ Palo core to an AMD XP 2600+ (tbred). The motherboard by default does not support it, I moded the board by unsoldering resistor "C37" as many of you with this board have prob done. She boots up fine, and runs great stock. Here are the specs on the system and what I want to do:

MSI K7t 266 Pro2 v2.0
AMD XP 2600+ (tbred core)
Volcano 11 Xaser Edition with duct mod at full speed
1gig of generic :-/ pc2100 ram (512,2x256)
Powmax demon case
650watt psu
(4) Thermaltake A2016 (73cfm 80mm fans) used for intake
(2) Thermaltake A2016 (73cfm 80mm fans) used for exhaust
(1) Thermaltake A2016 (95cfm 120mm fan) blowing exhaust out of the top

As you can see the case has GREAT ventilation, the cpu at idle is running at about 30c and under load i think I got her to 39c. What I am trying to do it OC this cpu as much as I can. I know the ram is going to be my limitation. I went into the bios to mess around and it seems its ALOT diffrent then OC'in my P4 2.4c. Can you guys help me out? Give me some settings for me to try out, i know alot of it is set to auto and the pci overclock is set to H/W. Any ideas, stock obviously is 133fsb. Thanks!

A 2600+ Tbred runs at 2133MHz stock speed, 133x16. Unless you got the 166MHz FSB version which is supposed to run at 166x12.5.
The multiplier on the chip is unlocked and you can up it if you don't feel like messing with the FSB and increasing the AGP/PCI speeds (that board doesn't have locks).
Or you could up the FSB and the multiplier together.
When the chip becomes unstable increase the vcore a bit and try again.
If you got any questions about some specific settings please ask.

Back