• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec kuhler h2o 920 possible issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kevmo7

Registered
Hi everybody, first post, im trying to get into computers now as much as possible, ive been doing as much homework as possible but this is an issue that I have looked up and couldnt really find many answers for.

So i bought an Antec kuhler h20 920 water cooler for my cpu, but what I noticed was quite interesting.

My case is a coolermaster storm enforcer, im using a z68xp-ud3 gigabyte motherboard and a i7 2700k cpu.

As soon as I had the liquid cooler fully setup, with the push pull fans (taking air from inside the case and push pulling it out of the case, as the manual says) but even at stock cpu settings, the idle temp of the cpu is 30c and at full load it goes to 57c, while I have a custom setting so that the fans start to ramp up at 31c liquid temp and go to full at 41c, the liquid usually gets to about 35-36 at full load.

So aside from the cooling being less than I expected, the pump speed sits at 3000 the whole time, pretty much at the max of what I see on the gauge in chill control, im not sure if this is normal, it was just something that caught my eye.

Sorry for this being long and me being a newbie, just wanting to know if I failed setting it up or if this is performing like normal from people who know :)

ok. welcome to the forum. :)

your temp doesn't seem bad to me.
an idle temp for a computer should be around +5 of ambient.

for me. my idle is at 30'C, and on full load, at 68'C. which is totally normal.
I would argue you don't need your fans at full at 41'C, you can raise than to 50'C at least. :) (I have mind at 55'C)

Which program do you use to monitor temperature?
I use CoreTemp.

Yeah I use coretemp to look at what my cpu is up too but I use chill control on a custom setting to take care of the cooler

should be ok.
how have you overclocked your chip so far?

thats not bad at all considering i was getting 55c load on my 2500k with a 480 radiator and ek supreme hf cpu only loop lol

Back