• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antecs and Honda Civics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

willlangford

Hey all,

I started the topic about how there were to many Antec style cases. Well I though of this and it so true its sad..also I like both of these items.

How are they the same?
1. They look good.
2. Roomy
3. Easy to mod or deck out
4. Cheap
5. Everyone has one!

Well I wanted to get that out of my system.

~Will

1. Antecs look nice, Civics...no
2. You're not over 6 feet tall are you, the Antec is roomy though
3. Antec yes, Civic no, cause it cost so freak'n much for stupid parts that don't do jack
4. Last I checked...both are negative
5. Only cause they are popular

oh yeah, most Antecs have more horsepower and torque than any Honda Civic.

yea ok, I'm getting an antec because I don't feel like spend $150 more for some overpriced Lian-Li.

Very True! Now all you have to do is find another good case/platform to work on. Lian Li is still one of the best cases available for people who don't mind spending for quality.

i know exactly what you guys mean! every one has one, which i dont like(cus i want to be special damnit!)but i like antec cases
so i bought this
http://www.directron.com/amx01bd.html
(well its a cheiftech but i bought a 480 true power!)
its the same thing as the dragons every one has exept the front panel!
and i dont know any one that has one!
heheheehe as far as i know ive got a great case and im special yay!!!!

bah, chieftec=chenming=antec, they're the same damn thing...

and #2 on max's list is so true....it sucks trying to find a comfortable car if you're over 6 ft tall...rarr.....trust me, it sucks being tall. everything is made for small people...have to duck everywhere....

Exatcly why I use the Lite-On FS020, no one uses them and they are the best cases I have ever owned, the BEST for water cooling.

oh please, yea because if you get a computer case everyone has all the girls won't think your cool.

Silence said:
oh please, yea because if you get a computer case everyone has all the girls won't think your cool.

lol, i was thinking the same thing! how many people that you know really care about their case? y'know, like in the physical world.

my case...holds my water cooler and hard drive.

thats about it...oh yeah, a power supply is in there too.

but the engine inside my case...that gets all the attention.:D

mfpmax said:
my case...holds my water cooler and hard drive.

thats about it...oh yeah, a power supply is in there too.

but the engine inside my case...that gets all the attention.:D
Yup, i've been debating getting a new antec case or something, but then i look at my cheap (30 bucks with crappy psu), generic, modded mid tower and start thinking 'i dont need a new case' this one works fine, holds all my stuff, ect. Its kinda crampt, but it does the job just fine.

WyrmMaster said:

Yup, i've been debating getting a new antec case or something, but then i look at my cheap (30 bucks with crappy psu), generic, modded mid tower and start thinking 'i dont need a new case' this one works fine, holds all my stuff, ect. Its kinda crampt, but it does the job just fine.

Yeah, my old case was a cheap $40 case.

But it was too small, so I looked around what my options were locally. The Antec was the best and cheapest case in the size I needed. And it looked plain. I didn't want anything fancy. Just a plain jane beige case.

Which of course, according to this thread...I'm running a stock looking Honda with a mad modded motor. Which means I'm not normal in today's car society where the "kids" are running extravagent looking Hondas with crappy stock motors.

see, the thing is, rarely do you see someone tint their own windows, or make their own clear taillights. They buy those crappy body kits and pay someone to install them.

My theory, get whatever you want, and if you want to mod it, do it your damn self. If you know what your doing, you can make just as nice a looking and just as fast a car out of an old buick than you could with a 3 year old honda civic.

meaning, dont spend $500 for a completely customized case. Spend $50 on it, and do all of the customization yourself. Besides, its funner.

Yah, the antecs have lots of nice FEATURES. Thats why everone has them. Thats why im thinking about getting one.

mfpmax said:
1. Antecs look nice, Civics...no
2. You're not over 6 feet tall are you, the Antec is roomy though
3. Antec yes, Civic no, cause it cost so freak'n much for stupid parts that don't do jack
4. Last I checked...both are negative
5. Only cause they are popular

oh yeah, most Antecs have more horsepower and torque than any Honda Civic.

i'll bet you that your not asian

Back