• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone for OC.com been to a AMD Reality Check?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah i was waiting to hear from some people that went there, im going on the 21st, im so excited, i have a feeling i'll win SOMETHING

I read a couple of remarks on another forum and was looking for input from some ppl here. I have wait until Dec 5 for the show here. I'm looking forward to it. I'd love to win a new XP. That would be toooo cooool.

I attended the one in Atlanta, GA with my wife, and 2 other friends. My wife won an XP2100+ and one of my friends got picked to compete in the Battle of the boxes. Unfortunately he hadn't studied up like he should have so he didn't make it to the finals. Let me know if you're got any specific questions about the event.

Twyst said:

Mine overclocked bout the same. What'd you have to set your vcore to Krusty?

I had to up it to 1.85v to get it past 141Mhz. Dont know how to up the voltage any more though. I couldve sworn the epox 8kha+ would allow me to put the voltage as high as I want, but I was apparrantly mistaken.

The 8KHA+ stops at 1.85. Iys the 8K3a that goes tp 2.2 Bummer to hear they are not giving away any 2600 2700. Hey Krusty at least you got the best possible price for a decent chip. Maybe you can sell it and get a couple 1600 agoia's

Last edited:
SickBoy said:
My little brother just got back from the one in Denver tonight and won an XP 2400+.....

Sonofa!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Why did stupid San Diego have to be the first stop? I wanna 2400+. The 2100+ couldnt even overclock to a 2400+.

Tismedt said:
The 8KHA+ stops at 1.85. Iys the 8K3a that goes tp 2.2 Bummer to here they are not giving away any 2600 2700. Hey Krusty at least you got the best possible price for a decent chip. Maybe you can sell it and get a couple 1600 agoia's

Heh, watch the classifieds in the near future.

I won a 2100+ at the event in Phoenix, AZ on Nov 1st. I went with a friend. I also got a tshirt and a black hat. My friend only got a hat and tshirt. I haven't done anything with the cpu, because I am running a P3 700. I'll prolly ebay the cpu.

It was a decent event, it was crowded, standing room only, and there were some wierd people there.. some were fighting for the shirts and hats that they give out..

There was also mints in green plastic boxes that were tossed out, they were good tasting, but after a while people were just throwing them around.

If you are going arrive like 45-30mins before the event, then go to the boxes and fill out a bunch of forms for battle of the boxes.

I saw a few people who took a stack of forms and were filling them all out.. I didn't even bother to enter.

They do take pics, and there was a guy shotting video there too.. I would flip him off though. I should have told him I wanted my face blurred out.

anyway, good luck

mark

AMD

12/6 in Austin.

I'm going to try to pull half a dozen friends along with me. And I've been studying for the Battle of the Boxes. Its practically the last stop, and there's an AMD plant here in town. Hopefully they'll have some nice Tbred B's up for grabs...

I'm sure they change the questions for every compitition but I dont think they will be that tough. Krusty has a list of the questioned asked at the show he saw posted here somewhere. Was that in the GD section Krusty? If so it may be gone.

Back