• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone get the raid to work with Iwill kk266-r rev 1.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kriegster

Howdy peoples, well I was up quite late yesterday and had no success in firing up the raid on my kk266-r 1.2 :( I was able to install the drivers and to set up the array in the bios but when I tried to install the utility program the installer would crash. I downloaded the utility from the Iwill website and tried that too, but the same thing happened. I even set my bus speed back to 133 and still no success :( I'm going to try emailing Iwill support but I will probably receive my first social security check before they get back to me :( If anyone knows what to do please post it if you have some spare time. TIA

Don't e-mail - call them (their number 949 area code is on their us website.

Much better success rate.

Also e-mail goes to Taiwan, and they take a while to respond.

Yo

Yomama (Mar 15, 2001 04:26 p.m.):
Don't e-mail - call them (their number 949 area code is on their us website.

Much better success rate.

Also e-mail goes to Taiwan, and they take a while to respond.

Yo

ahh thanks. I finally got it working today. 2 drives seem to perform about 50% faster than a single drive, or as well as I can tell as I only checked the transfer rates in raid mode and not on the ide channel. I compared it with the results a reviewer got for my hard drive. My twin ibm 60's averaged 41000 kps
for reading the entire drive contents (can't test write) with hd tach, and 47000 avg for the quick test. I may not have it configured quite right yet either.

Back