• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with experience on the ROG G752 VL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
I have two empty slots for memory but I do not have a motherboard manual. Unfortunately DDR4 so dimms are not something I keep laying around...

The config is 12 GB (8 and a 4) in the top using that faux dual channel mode. My best outcome (without tearing it down and replacing all memory) would be add 12 more but can I achieve true dual channel this way?

This is why I hate laptops.

By the way. It was a helluva deal and my kids busted the hinge on the ole lenovo.

Personally, I would replace it with 2x8GB SODIMMs to make it easy. I would think you need to swap out sticks anyway buying 12GB more and put the 8GB on each channel and then 4GB on each channel.

Here's your manual - https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VL/HelpDesk_Manual/

Yeah, it is no help! I need someone who has done this before. You know laptops and how easy it is to break something. Well to replace the memory that is in it I must take the top side off. On my lenovo it is easy but...

it is the prying apart I dislike. I am not gentle.

Looking at it and thinking, and if my math is correct (always is or at least nobody corrects me so I look like a fool)... Adding 16 to the two open slots will give me 24 in dual channel mode with 4 just floating out there. I know it is not as fast as true matched dual but it is the faux version and should serve my purposes just fine.

Engineering, 3d modeling, renders and no gaming. Should work fine.

Back