• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apex Legends (Battle Royale)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd love to try it, but 1) its being published by EA, and I refuse to have anything to do with EA or Origin installer (can't play it without Origin). 2) It's plagued by cheats now, from the usual enemy team members highlighted/see enemies through walls, instant/constant head shot aiming, to now even speed hacks were cheaters run around the map at ludicrous speeds.

The team behind it are trying to mitigate the cheating, but this has already been going on for weeks (months?) now with it just getting worse where you can expect at least 1 cheat in every game you play. Hell, they even have cheat bots which just spam player audio with a pre-recorded sales pitch about the cheat they are selling, complete with the website you can buy it from and pricing.

This will be my first foray into BR style gaming.

Is there a campaign mode for this or is it strictly played online?

Strictly online for now. Its pretty fun, but is certainly overwhelming to newcomers of the genre. Its the most fun played with at least 1 other friend, ideally a full 3 man squad, of gaming buddies.

It is easier to get into than Fortnite as you don't have to mess with the building aspect, and at least imo has better/more classic gunplay.

Back