• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

April Folding Contest Part #4 OCF UNITE! (I7 computer Grand prize)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey I am running folding@home application... but for a long time its has been showing me "attempting to get work packet" .... I am Uber confused at whats going on...can someone give me a little detail...PLzzzz

Hey I am running folding@home application... but for a long time its has been showing me "attempting to get work packet" .... I am Uber confused at whats going on...can someone give me a little detail...PLzzzz

this is not the thread to be asking questions. if a forum search or google search doesn't fix it, then start a new thread.

Check the 'connectivity test' sticky and if that doesn't work start a new thread and we'll help you get up and running :)

Just to give you an update, I have collected all of the data so far and it looks like we now have

39 new recruits so far

to make the contest simpler to enter I have halved all of the requirements!!!!

Harlam is going to plug all of the data into his stat tracking program and I should have some nice numbers to post sometime tomorrow.

{database updated to this point}

My folding name is cmichaelt I joined Team32 on 4/9/09.

I'm using my main machine in the sig, would it be better for me to run two smp clients in Vista Ultimate x64?

My folding name is cmichaelt I joined Team32 on 4/9/09.

I'm using my main machine in the sig, would it be better for me to run two smp clients in Vista Ultimate x64?

For best PPD the ideal route is running SMP in a Linux VM - there are instructions in the install sticky. Alternatively, run the native Windows SMP client (which is a bit easier).

My folding name is [EsMd]Slayer I joined Team32 on [4-09-09]

Switching my rigs over for this....first time folding for Team32, but my current team has pretty much died off....shame, I just hit the 1.25 million point mark. :(

My folding name is BG-0 I joined Team32 on [4-09-09]
I was recruited by McTimson whose folding name is... McTimson? He never told me it...

(Did I? Anything else than marking the "team" as "32" in the configure screen I need to do? Hopefully I'll get 25k done... Seems to work incredibly slow, almost an hour of 40 % CPU usage and only 100 points..)

Last edited:
Hey BG-0,

Yea, all you have to do is set the team to 32.

Are you running the SMP client, or the GPU client? I would run the GPU client, it'll probably get more points than the SMP right now.

Gets it running, but it crashed when I displayed the work and started doing something 50 times simpler (Protein A or something like that) and says "Core is not working now". I'm pretty sure it's just the fact that my video card is somehow defective :(

Don't use the viewer. It's nothing but trouble!

Back