• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5B Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ahab13

I have an Ausu P5B deluxe MB which is PCI-1 and would like to know if a

AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB Graphics Card which is PCI -3 would fit are PCI-1 and PCI-3 backwards compatible?

Thanks

:welcome:
A PCIe Gen 3 card should work in Gen 1 slots but the performance of the GPU will take a hit.

The P5B: What is that? Gen 1 PCIe? I think so. The RX 580 is Gen 3. It should work but the hair splitting is in the word "work". It should slot in and put an image on your screen. However, Gen 1 bandwidth is several magnitudes slower than Gen 3. Will it work? I think so. Will you get the full performance? I think not.

:welcome:
A PCIe Gen 3 card should work in Gen 1 slots but the performance of the GPU will take a hit.

The P5B: What is that? Gen 1 PCIe? I think so. The RX 580 is Gen 3. It should work but the hair splitting is in the word "work". It should slot in and put an image on your screen. However, Gen 1 bandwidth is several magnitudes slower than Gen 3. Will it work? I think so. Will you get the full performance? I think not.
Thanks that is what I thought.

Back