• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Voltage damper option is a BIOS settings that makes vdroop almost nil. If you had to do a pencil mod and don't have CPU Voltage Damper' in BIOS then your didn't have 'all those BIOS options.'

Well my bios has the option, it just doesnt work. Pencil mod did though.

--pak

TYVM for the clarification guys. I guess I was unclear about which boards required the pencil mod.

I will most likely order the P5K Premium (Black Pearl Edition) today, as I really cant find much info regarding the Blitz other than the Asus website, and hardly any vendors that are carrying it at this time either.

Thanks again!

BTW........

I havn't gotten a single response to this thread I put in the memory boards. Either ppl are gettting tired of my nonstop questions :beer: or perhaps it isnt a frequently traveled board.

Anyone care to take a look?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=528305

Thanks!!

TYVM for the clarification guys. I guess I was unclear about which boards required the pencil mod.

I will most likely order the P5K Premium (Black Pearl Edition) today, as I really cant find much info regarding the Blitz other than the Asus website, and hardly any vendors that are carrying it at this time either.

Thanks again!

BTW........

I havn't gotten a single response to this thread I put in the memory boards. Either ppl are gettting tired of my nonstop questions :beer: or perhaps it isnt a frequently traveled board.

Anyone care to take a look?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=528305

Thanks!!

I put my Q6600 on a P5K Premium yesterday with crappy corsair ddr-800. Went right to 3.6 ghz. rock stable. I do have some vdroop on the cpu. :( Have bios set at 1.425v, CPUz is showing 1.392 with dampin turned on. It does appear to be a stable droop though.

Its a nice board. I also like my Gigabyte GA-P965-DQ6 Rev. 1. But could only get a stable 3.2 ghz OC on the quad with it. Hence the new Asus board. My E6600 and DQ6 will replace a old P4 2.0A @ 2.8 ghz as a nix only folding machine.

Enjoy your build.

Back