• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS p5nt deluxe - 4th killed MB - what's wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrisu

Registered
Hi everyone - it's my 1st post after 9 years ;)
Well, I've got a problem with my asus p5nt deluxe mainboard. I wanted to give it to my friend, but two days after I connected everything and checked if it's working, motherboard did not run.
After I switch on the PSU, the fan starts for 3-4 seconds and then stops. If I turn it on with power switch it's similar - fans run for 3-4 seconds and stop.
Is it possible to (cheap) repair it?

Well, I don't know what's the problem, but it's 4-th MB I destroyed from January :(. The first one was Asus a7n8x-e deluxe - same problems, I even didn't touch it it was still in the case...
The next one was msi with LGA775 socket - same problems as with ASUS.
Another one was GA-8I945GZME-RH - 2 minutes after I connected everything and started computer it turned off. The IDE cable was HOT(!) and the MB was death.
Power supplies are different in each case, the whole HW is different... The only common think is human - ME ;).

Let's back to P5NT. Have you got any ideas what can be wrong? There's no beeps - NOTHING. PSU tester shows right voltage (I checked it with 2 PSUs), MB debug card shows INT 19H boot attempt, and the MB is OK.

As I said I wanted to give it (with E5200 and 4 GB RAM) to my friend -student. Now I feel really bad :(

Try running it outside of the case, possible you have a short?

Have you tried booting with 1 stick in the 3rd slot after clearing the bios? When an Asus board gets finicky it'll usually fire up like that. If not then maybe try again with a different stick :thup:

I ran it outside case, disconnected everything - I ran it even without RAM - no beeps :(

I think, it is possible that BIOS died. I need to find someone with flash programmer.

Back