• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus pc probe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dRagOOn101

My Asus PC Probe keeps reporting CPU fan failures for 2-3 second intervals.. even though it seems as though the fan is fine.. is this a common problem u guys have seen?

i JUST INSTALLED A NEW MB AND A FEW OTHER THINGS, AND THE PC PROPE IS USELESS,
it started out with me being told that the temps where all normal, now all the temps are not even reading...... I had a fit when I heard it repeating before , cpu overheating, then tonight, cpu fan below threshold, .....comeon, it is a VOLCANO 7+ and I can hear the roar....... what is up with this thing anyway.......

I've got the same problem, but I dont know why. And when I run SiSoft Sandra and go to Mainboard Information, the Probe tells me for a Moment totally wrong things for Example: Vcore 11,328V.
Very crazy...

that sucks..

if it keeps giving false failures.. the thing is pointless...

I get occassional spikes that say 35101 RPM and drops that say -35185 RPM, etc.. i'd email asus but it took them 3 weeks to get back to me last time. maybe there's a new version...

dRagOOn101 said:
My Asus PC Probe keeps reporting CPU fan failures for 2-3 second intervals.. even though it seems as though the fan is fine.. is this a common problem u guys have seen?

Had that problem with a thermaltake fan installed on my AX7.

Something inside the fan burned out. The readings would be ok then drop to zero occasionally. The fan still spun. Finally it showed zero rpm all the time and I ended up replacing it.

Thats the second fan that failed which I cut the sensor off of. The first burned out completly.

Probe is ok with me

I had the asus pc rpobe for years now, have it on my celeron 433 system. it alwayz ran fine and was alwayz very useful, way more useful than my **** gigabyte easy tune. i wish gigabyte had pc probe. anywayz i recorded my temps for years with no problem, even with my "older" version of pc probe.

-GoGeta

The only problem I had with asus probe was that it read 40C all the time. Soon afterwards, people told me to download the latest version and that should fix it. Well... it did. I'm using version 2.17.00. Great program.
Good luck

Mine is okay...

My mobo is Asus P4PE, and Asus PC Probe is working as expected. Maybe you should use the latest version of it.

I've occasionally had random nonsensical warnings from Probe. This has happened with various OS and motherboards.

I get it sometimes (let's say once a month) on my P4B533-V with the latest versions. The software is generally useful, but obviously still has some bugs.

Just to let you know that 1807 is out now. I`m trying it out, no probs. so far.

Acko

Back