• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 3400+ best MB is?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ironmanstl

Registered
I thought I had my soon to be system all summed up, but the more I read, the more I am not sure I want to go with the Asus K8V...

This will mainly be a gaming maching, with some overclocking, but I need stability cuz this p3 I have now is really starting to p me off.

So if you have a minute, give me a suggestion and tell me why its better.

thanx guys
Iron

I personally don't have any experience with a64 boards but I've read some good reviews on the Abit KV8-MAX3. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Read some reviews... Anandtech recommends the MSI K8N Neo Platinum and the Epox board as the best socket 754 boards

I do hear Abit KV8 as very nice board as well. Only problem being not having a ratio option to change cpu:mem clock speed. I have ordered MSI K8N PLAT since I found epox not supporting mobile Athlon64. I do plan on swapping a mobo when better ones come out.

The Abit board fro mwhat i heard is one of the worst.

The only thing i know that is the best oveclocker and fully supports mobiles is the MSI K8N NEO Platinum.

Oc byagi so the new epox doesnt support mobiles? That sux big time.

CandymanCan said:
so the new epox doesnt support mobiles? That sux big time.
yeah, seriously. I'm thinking of going MSI initially and maybe move onto ABIT/ASUS NF3 250 chipset rev.2.0 or something. (unless NF3 350 comes out)

Back