• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon slot A cooling idea..need advice or suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Well..let me start with what I am doing right now...
Right now I have my window open, and the weather here is very cold, but i actually like it..guess cause Im used to it...anyway my window is open 24/7..and my computer is in now case at all...i plan to get one soon...well anyway..i also have a dual cooling fan on the slot a athlon...its made for 900mhz athlons but i got it for the 550 since i may upgrade later on....right now my temp is below 19 degrees all the time...and i have overclocked to 633 with overclocked pc 100 ram...see my sig for all that info...the temp will rise to 21 and at teh most it is 23, so i was thinking of...well instead of just letting the air blow in....i would channel it directly to teh processsor..and later when i get a case have it going into the case cause winter air really works good...so should i use the winter air an channel it just through the hsf on the athlon or would this be a bad idea?

You'd just have to be carefull about whats in the air... i.e., snow, rain, leaves, and other such things, otherwise, that would be cool, in more ways thatn one!

Back