• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon TBird 800.... can't get past 900...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galaxy2x4

Registered
Well all i have to cool my Athlon 800 is a Volcano 2 heatsink fan a 80mm case fan. My case is open and i have the mother of all room fans blowing right on it, it probably does 60cfm. It full tilt my cpu temp doesn't get over 46 C when running at 900. when i try to boot up at 950, either windows rejects it or it simply shuts off during bott. (i only tried it twice) Whats up ehy won't this baby get past 900?
Doug

sorry about forgetting about my specs.
athlon 800 @900
Asus A7V
256mb RAM
Asus GeForce 2 Deluxe

have you uped your voltage? that is key to really overclock i wouldnt go over 2.1 volts though. start bumping the voltage up a bit at a time untill it will allow you to post higher . also 46c is borderline hot i wouldnt go over 50c, well thats what i say some folks say higher is ok but 50c is my limit you might consider alternative cooling methods like water cooling

according to my motherboard book the next step up from 1.774 is 1.85 does that sound right? and is tht safe?

I have a tbird 900 and I'm running the stock 1.80v and im clocked to 1050 and have not have a problem.

galaxy2x4 (Jun 24, 2001 11:21 a.m.):
according to my motherboard book the next step up from 1.774 is 1.85 does that sound right? and is tht safe?

AS long as your not running your temps to high after you change the CV you will be just fine. :)

Back