• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI all in wonder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
compared to the normal card, how does the all in wonder perform? I had planed on getting a TV tuner, and just wanted to know if the all in one card would perform any worse than a normal 8500? Overclocking?, picture quality?, performance?, benchmarking?, etc.

Or am I better off getting a 8500 and a seperate TV tuner?

There are two different versions of the AIW 8500, there is the AIW 8500dv 64mb and the AIW 8500 128mb.

the 8500dv 64mb is only clocked at 230/190 (380ddr), the core can be clocked as high as any other 8500 core but the memory is only 5ns so its only rated for 200mhz (400ddr). I have had mine to about 207 (415ddr).

on the other hand the AIW radeon 8500 128 is clocked at full speed 275/275 and AFAIK it has the same RAM as the normal 8500s so it should OC about the same.

Oh BTW I scored about 7000 on 3D Mark with default drivers and 7500 with the newest drivers and I can just barely break 9000 OC'd with my AIW 8500dv 64mb on my xp1800 @xp2100 speeds.

Yep DaddyB has that one nailed. The only problem with the Tv Tuner cards is that your chances of running high FSB diminish greatly. Plus the AIW comes with a sweet remote.

Well I was thinking about getting the Leadtek Wintv 2000 card, and just getting the 275/275 8500, would that be a better choice?

no its not a sound card, it has SPDIF out for digital speakers but you have to connect the sound card to the all in wonder. it also has some connectors that plug into the soundcard, 1 goes to the sound card input (that is the sound from the TV tuner) and one connects to the output from the soundcard (so you can use the RCA audio left + right connectors on the breakout box to connect to a TV for using TV out).

as for getting the wintv card or the all in wonder I dont really know. as pms fishy said the pci tv tuner card may have problems at high FSBs. the all in wonder also has 2 IEEE 1394 firewire ports and the cool remote (which can be configured to launch any application or game, control the volume and act as a mouse with both left and right click buttons). If none of that matters then the win TV card + 8500 is probably almost as good as the AIW but if you want those features then getting the AIW 8500 128mb is the way to go.

I would go AIW 8500 DV over the tuner card route, less complicated and you get more features plus the same performance, but for more $$$ prolly

If diff in cost is not big get the AIW

cisco kid

I am now torn between the 8500 128MB with the leadtek card and the AIW 8500 128MB. Which do yall think would be the better bet? If I buy the AIW 128MB I am really looking about 30 more bucks than the 8500 128MB and the seperate tuner card.

rlemieux said:
Well I was thinking about getting the Leadtek Wintv 2000 card, and just getting the 275/275 8500, would that be a better choice?

Listen and listen closely, there is absolutely NO comparision between an AIW and a stand-alone tv tuner. The AIW 8500 128MB and 8500DV 64MB cards (I've used both) are by far the best implementation of TV on PC that I have ever seen. Look at the reviews alone. It's like having a TIVO in your PC, and quality is superb.

I am 99% sure I am going to get the AIW 128MB 8500, just want to make sure that the built in tuner card is not going to effect the overall performance of the Video card.

Back