• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back from the Dead!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomWoolford

Registered
Or something like it, and I brought/bought friends.
New PC Running a Radeon 5670 and a Phenom 925 but I'm not sure it's even worth the effort to install the Multibeam ATI App. Has anyone on the team had any decent results with the ATI Crunching?

I'm not expecting the 5670 to quite keep up with my other GTX 260 just because of the nature of the card, but is it even worth the extra $$ on my power bill now that I'm running two computers for Seti?

It's good to be back! Now if only the Seti servers would upload my results, haha!

:welcome: back mate :)

Good lord it's hard to find info on this stuff >_< Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but after a good 2 or so hours of searching, I'm going to ballpark your 5670's RAC using AstroPulse to ~3500-4000. The problem with estimating AP RAC is due to radar blanking, which is an incredibly intensive task (thus drastically increases crunch time). When you take into account that percentage of blanking can range quite literally anywhere from 0-99%+, the times can vary substantially.

You're likely to find using the multibeam app running under OpenCL is more beneficial, though the OpenCL MB app is still in its infancy (and is rather difficult to install and setup). At some stage I should probably update the sticky with the latest ATI install stuff, but as I don't have the hardware, I can't really test it out. :(

I played with the Open CL MB app for the better part of 2 hours last night and just gave up and went to bed. The closest I got to it working was a computation error after 12 seconds on each task.

I'm not used to falling flat on my face like that with software so this new app must still be VERY buggy.

EDIT: After another hour of smashing my head into the wall I think I'm officially fed up with trying to get it to work. :rain:
I'll wait till a more stable and tried app is released. This sucks, now I'm regretting getting an ATI card.

Last edited:
Back