• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best board for ocing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Roger the Soltek, have a 75MRN-L for about a year and has never missed a beat since day one, love it. 2100 downgrade 2700 OC'd 2.0GHZ stable. OldBird

Well I'm going for the NF2-S v2.0
I currently have a DFI Lanparty (Rev A) and it s*cks big time. WindowsXP just instant reboots for no reason. overclocking isn't great either. I managed to reach 225MHZ fsb, with Kingston HyperX PC4000 ram.
I only hope that I can sell this board.

Heh, thats what I did. I sold my DFI LanParty Rev. A to a friend and bought myself a NF7-S Rev 2. Never had any problems with the Abit.

Uh, sorry to burst everyone's bubble on this thread, but he didn't even say if it's AMD or Intel? Or what processor? He could be running an FX51 or a Pentium 2, who knows.......and mkoerselt, nice job resurrecting a 2 month old thread :) Oh well, couple more posts and I get my avatar, yeah me

I currently have the A7N8X Deluxe rev 2.0 and I am pleased with it (took two months to figure out what the heck is going on with that bios chip!!!!!!). I have my Barton XP2500 at 3200 with NO BUMP on Vcore nor Vdimm. W/max settings, my rig is stable at 213 X 11.

I am in the process on modding my Assus board. Vdimm mod is complete and soon I will do the Vcore this weekend. I also ordered the Vantec Tornado w/Vantec fan speed control panel to control the noise and see how far I can go with my OC. I have read the Tornando is just as good as water cool method without the cost.

Still I have heard great reviews on the NF7-S board, so I ordered the one with the Ultra 400. I am curious to find if the Abit is better than Assus. I have read all reviews and the majority points to Abit. So I am gonna find out if this is true!!!

BTW....AIW 9800 Pro is arriving tomorrow :p

Deffinately go with NF7-S Rev2.0. It overclocks like no ones business. It's a very stable board. My second choice would be the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. It's not as "pretty" as an Abit and it's a little more expensive, but all in all it's an excellent board.

Nfs-7?

I'm curious to know where "The Wrench" is reading this poor performance from the A-bit board? If you can, please elaberate.
Any A-bit board i've owned or worked with has done extemely well with OC'ing. I've had my BH-6 at a 45% OC for over a year without even a flinch from it! I don't think the "Wench" knows if his pooper was punched or bored when it comes to MotherBoards

Cheers.

Back