• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best CD Ripping software "Audio"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you are ripping to a WAV file, every program should result in the same file so long as they read the digital CD data. If it samples from your sound card, you won't get the same quality.

My suggestion would be Audiograbber. Can rip to WAV (if you set it to that) or any format that you get a encoder for (MP3, OGG, possibly even WMA if you wanted it...). :D

JigPu

:) ok thanks cuz if im gonan be ripping cd's its to put the music onto another cd and i dont want it to lose any quality by encoding it into mp3

Exact Audio Copy (linked above) is the best program for this. The program's secure mode is what sets it apart. If there are errors on the CD (scratches) it will re-read the problem area over and over trying to get it right. This can take a long time, but it helps to avoid any artifacts due to damaged discs.

Gnerma said:
Exact Audio Copy (linked above) is the best program for this. The program's secure mode is what sets it apart. If there are errors on the CD (scratches) it will re-read the problem area over and over trying to get it right. This can take a long time, but it helps to avoid any artifacts due to damaged discs.
very nice :D

i've got some cds on order that i'll want to load on here to listen to without having to bother with the discs.

nice new avatar gnerma :)

Gnerma said:

Thanks! Long live frowning Gnerma with facial hair & sunglasses eh?

Don't you think it's time for a new Asian hottie Maxvla? I'm thinking it is :D
nah. this is the one. i just change pics. i particularly love this pic so its going to be here for a while.

wow. i used CDex cause exact copy whatever ripped the music but there was no sound when i tried to play it back.

i then converted them to ogg vorbis format and wow. it sounds great! :D

i'll upload a snipet of the wav and the ogg vorbis so you can hear the difference. but not right now. time to sleep.

BAH! im having soooo much trouble with this right now!

cdex did what maxvla said.

musicmath is way too slow

you have to buy the plug-in for NERO

and ive tried way too mant others to even bother mentioning. the best ive had was an older version of musicmatch, that was kinda slow, but it only took like one mousse click, and i was ripping
i need something thats VERY fast, so far i havent found a program that can actualy utilize my wimpy 12X CDR, before i even think about getting a faster dive

what am i to do?

jacheatamobits said:
BAH! im having soooo much trouble with this right now!

cdex did what maxvla said.

What did Cdex do? If I am not mistaken Maxvla said
wow. i used CDex cause exact copy whatever ripped the music but there was no sound when i tried to play it back.

This to me means that Cdex was fine but exact copy left no sound. Well if you both could clarify it would be nice:D

By the way I use Cdex and it works great for me. But I rip to my harddrive:D

Kendan said:

What did Cdex do? If I am not mistaken Maxvla said

This to me means that Cdex was fine but exact copy left no sound. Well if you both could clarify it would be nice:D

By the way I use Cdex and it works great for me. But I rip to my harddrive:D
100% accurate.

WHY don't you try this???
http://www.xingtech.com/

audio catalyst... you can rip to wav, or mp3...

i, too, have had probs with cdex, but never with audio catalyst... just make sure you have aspi installed... (wnaspi32.dll in your system32 folder)

ps
maxvla, nice avatar (HOTTIE!!!!)

filip04 said:
audio catalyst... you can rip to wav, or mp3...

Audiocatalyst has just about the worst reputation amongst the digital music community. Although I've never used it I've read a whole lot about its encoding innefficiency and the generally bad sound quality MP3s it produces.

Try using the method laid out in this guide. It tells you all you need to get ripping like a pro.

ASPI is probably the problem with Exact Audio Copy (Maxvla) and Cdex (jacheatamobits).

FREE RIP is my favorite. Its freeware, no spyware, no trial- its a full version. I think cnet downloads has it. Funny- it didnt want to work on my friends system (emachine), but it worked on my rig, my brothers shuttle, and my P3-800MHz HP Pavilion- so I think his PC just sucks.

Also- it supports very high quality ripping to 3 different formats. Check it out, I recommend it.

Back