• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best driver for 3dmark05?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DickH

What is the best video driver for 3dmark05? I have my 6800gt overclocked to 433/1.800 and my processor overclocked to 2.55ghz, and I am only getting in the 5600 range. I could swear I have scored higher before almost 6k, what shortcuts can I take to get more points?

I use the 77.77 drivers.

3DMark05 : 6615 Compare
CPU : AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @ 2425 Mhz
RAM : Corsair Value Select 1.5GB
Card Manufacturer : EVGA
Cooling : Thermalright V-1 w/ modded ramsink
Chipset : 6800 GT
Core Clock : 472 Mhz [350 Stock]
Ram Clock : 1260 Mhz [1000 Stock]

DickH said:
What is the best video driver for 3dmark05? I have my 6800gt overclocked to 433/1.800 and my processor overclocked to 2.55ghz, and I am only getting in the 5600 range. I could swear I have scored higher before almost 6k, what shortcuts can I take to get more points?

how in the hell did u get your card to hit 433 on the core?

Last edited:
It just does that on air, with watercooling I can hit 440, but I have it locked in the bios at 433. Why, is that suposed to be good? I tried the 1.4v bios mod, but I didn't gain much at all, so I got rid of it.

433 isn't that hard for a 6800GT. I have had mine up to 450/1150 before on stock air. The only things done to the card was a BIOS flash to a Golden Sample GT BIOS and 1.4v performance 3D, the stock cooling was lapped and AS5 was applied to the RAM and Core, and I'm using Riva Tuner with the OC Test disabled. The OC Test lies to you. You have to test for stability yourself. The OC test will always give you low OC's.

On Drivers, some 6800GT's hate the 8x.xx drivers. On mine the system was an unstable beast that would crash back to desktop and 16 colors, would BSOD with a nv4disp.dll error, and I even had a few random reboots flying LOMAC which a Combat Flight Similator that works a system very very hard.

My system like the 77.77's. The 77.77's are WHQL approved so should be 3DMark legal.

Every system is different. The best drivers to use are the ones that work the best. You can't say that one driver is best for everyone's system. The only real way to tell is to test different drivers until you find a stable one that gives you the highest scores while still giving good game play and FPS's.

Yeah, I have tried almost everything I can, and thats kind of what I am stuck at. With the 1.4v volt mod, the card screws up and displays white, green, and pink spots all over the screen after being in a 3d app for a while, 1.5v does it right away. I figured if the difference between the stable 1.3v and buggy 1.4v was just a few mhz, then it wasnt worth the trouble or the temp increase. I dont have it in the 440's in the bios because I don't want to get have problems if I remove the waterblock (for wahtever reason) and forget to flash the bios back. I am really just bummed that I couldnt hit 6k in 3dmark05, and I also can't run battlefield 2 at 1600x1200 with 2xAA and I figured I should be able to with my system. I am just looking for a way to get more out of my system as I cant buy a new one for a while. Is there any hardware modifications I can do to my 6800gt to make it run stable with the volt mod? I thought it was odd that I could only get a few more mhz instead of a noticable increase after watercooling and doing the volt mod. For my system, I have an old newcastle 3500+ running at 2.575ghz, with my ram overclocked to match, and thats aside from my video card that is overclocked. I wouldnt notice any boos from OCing the AGP bus speed would I?

3DFlyer said:
433 isn't that hard for a 6800GT. I have had mine up to 450/1150 before on stock air. The only things done to the card was a BIOS flash to a Golden Sample GT BIOS and 1.4v performance 3D, the stock cooling was lapped and AS5 was applied to the RAM and Core, and I'm using Riva Tuner with the OC Test disabled. The OC Test lies to you. You have to test for stability yourself. The OC test will always give you low OC's.

On Drivers, some 6800GT's hate the 8x.xx drivers. On mine the system was an unstable beast that would crash back to desktop and 16 colors, would BSOD with a nv4disp.dll error, and I even had a few random reboots flying LOMAC which a Combat Flight Similator that works a system very very hard.

My system like the 77.77's. The 77.77's are WHQL approved so should be 3DMark legal.

Every system is different. The best drivers to use are the ones that work the best. You can't say that one driver is best for everyone's system. The only real way to tell is to test different drivers until you find a stable one that gives you the highest scores while still giving good game play and FPS's.

Although the 77.77's are WHQL approved they are not yet FM approved. I would guess that they will be FM approved at some point but Future Mark doesn't seem to be in any hurry.

I couldn't use the 1.4v mod with my stock cooling so I upgraded to the V-1 and now I'm stable at 472/1250.

Back