• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Grafix-Card for 200$ max. passiv cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wesen500

Hi, please give me a hint,
what ist a good Card manufacturer with GeFoce4 Ti4x00
Radeon 9x00 Pro
with passiv cooling

or should i take a card to overclock and do a watercooling on it.

Thanx

There is no Geforce 4 Ti4x00 with passive cooling... But for under $200 you can get the Albatron 128mb Ti4200p TURBO that pretty much guarentees Ti4600+ speeds.

-PC

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

When you say passive cooling, you meant air cooling with the stock HSF, right?

For $200, you can get one of the good Ti4200 out there, Abit, MSI, Leadtek, PNY and Albatron makes good OCer's card.

As for ATI, the 9700pro is out of your price range, and the 9000 is worst than a 8500.

So I would recommend you to pick a good Ti4200 for now:D

I hope you DON'T mean passive cooling, because I don't think there are any G4 TI cards that ship with only a Heatsink and no fan. Do you mean STOCK cooling as kato suggested?

If I were you, I would wait a couple weeks for the ATI 9500pro to come out. It is suppose to be priced at $199 when it comes out. From the benchmarks I've read, it can out run a TI4600 in most tests

Thank you for the information, but i mean cooling with a Heatsink (exclusive) and what Card do you prefer for overclocking.

wesen500 said:
Thank you for the information, but i mean cooling with a Heatsink (exclusive) and what Card do you prefer for overclocking.

that would be very hard indeed....you would need a LARGE heatsink and amazing airflow through the case.....

really if you want silence watercooling would be the option to take.....passive cooling really doesnt work with cards this hot....GF4 is out of the question...Radeon9000 *may* work

Not entirely true,
I'm using a Waterblock to passively cool my 8500, yes a Copper Waterblock which certainly isn't designed to passively cool.
I have reasonable case airflow, but your only looking at 100CFM intake.

It took a bit of time to setup but works very well, it hits about 47C load when performing a 3DMark loop.

Ironically this wasn't intended but I experimented with it (I'm waiting for my Pump to fumble its way through the post :D) and its fine.

M_N

Many Radeon 9Ks do come with passive cooling. My brother's has passive cooling, we changed that of course b/c that thing heated up like a mofo with out a fan.

Ya would like to know the same. I can hear very little difference with the fan on and off on the vid card over the Athlon Cooler anyway so I dont see the difference. The Hard Drives are louder then the fan actually. IF your gonna try to be silent maybe water cooling would be the way for you.....but there goes you budget. And I dont think that you will be able to O/C that Radeon 9K very much at all with the passive stuff because the Pro model does have a fan stock and i believe that it is only 25mhz+.

slipknot said:
I guess if you have to have passive cooling, then the Radeon 9000 is the card for you. May I ask why you MUST use passive cooling?

its not a must - but i dont like the noise from air-cooling.

can you give me a hint for manufacturers

I think most coolers on video cards are fairly quiet. I heard the GF4 are a bit loud sometimes but I imagine that you could just put an after market cooler that would be pretty quiet.

the saphire 9000 non pro board comes witha passive HS and no fan, has lousy preformace, buit it gets the job done

Back