• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEST looking HSF I have ever seen!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im sorry if a few of you are taking my one statement wrong, I might have worded it poorly...The Delta was a screamer...I meant to imply that this 70mm fan on this heatsick is quiet when compared to the Delta =)

It really doenst make much noise at all, and yes I think this is one of the better heatsinks on the market...Did I mention that it has a pure mirror finish on the base?

Acko said:
For a h/sink fan combo with that size/weight I don`t like the mounting clip only attaching to the center processor die lugs.
Many companies now are either using the 3 lug brkt. or using the 4 mounting holes in the mobo.

Acko

Acko, the clip is a single clamping one but I assure you it is VERY tight on my ABIT KR7A-Raid mobo. My old vantec 6254OD with delta didnt feel as secure as this thing and it had a 3 clamp clip. It was nice and secure on there. Probably the best single clip tension I have felt on a HSF, the quality is supurb IMHO.

Gersen said:
chasingapple,

You work for Evercool, don't ya? Fess up, dude. The truth will set you free... ;)

G.

It doesnt matter if he does or doesn't, hes just reporting his results. To be honest I was curious about the performance of that particular heatsink when I saw it a while back.

Regarding the comments on the 70mm fans, I have tried 3 70mm fans and found most of them annoying as to the high pitch noise they produce. I would opt for a Delta 80mm 68 or 80 cfm on a rheostat over any 70mm provided it can be mounted properly.

Malakai said:

Wow, your in Bradenton, your not far from me at all, u know where Port Richey is? im there
-Malakai

LOL, you guys like totally butchered this guy's thread. ;)

That HS looks like an AX-7...

chasingapple said:
Hey all, was at Computer Builders Warehouse the other day and got a new cooler for my Athlon XP 1800+

This thing rocks with cooling, was using a Vantec 6035OD with 7,000 RPM Delta and this thing cools 3c cooler while overclocked to 1610mhz!

Here is a pic of the thing, let me know what you think....I have come to find out that the heatsink part is actually made by Evercool....no idea who makes the silver fan but its quiet and BIG! This thing is my new fave HSF of all time =)

sweet looking hsf do they have one for a p4 478?

Did the SLK800 just come out? If it uses an 80mm fan do you think it could possibly outperform the AX-7?

BBigJ said:

What's a folder doing asking about ambient temps?

ROFL!

ambient temp=room temp

idle temp is what u mean:D
and i dont know anything about those, they no longer matter to me;)

3 Months ago

After 3 months from the introduction of the SLK800 they still havent released it yet. What is taking soooooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooooooooooong:eh?:
rnpgrosz said:
Did the SLK800 just come out? If it uses an 80mm fan do you think it could possibly outperform the AX-7?
I would hope so. It wouldnt make much sense if they released a new HSF & not perform beter than their last model.

What's with people digging up old threads again:confused:

hi

i got this baby

2500rpm with built in flashing LED's !!!

ak824_w_light.jpg

Back