• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best new android

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zephos

I'm getting pretty bored of my s3, looking to upgrade to the newest and greatest. Thought I'd start a discussion on the strongest looking device coming up: Galaxy S5, HTC M8, any others.

Thoughts?

If I had to pick any phone it would be the Sony Z1. It's just awesome.

Second choice would be the LG G2

That opinion is based solely on specs, and not from experience.

The HTC One M8 is a great phone. My experience with HTC has been really good, I have a Droid DNA and a One V that I use as a media player.

All indications of the S5 is that it isn't that big of a leap ahead from the S4

The Google Nexus 6 aka LG G3, "LG B2", is on the outlook for July.

I'm getting pretty bored of my s3, looking to upgrade to the newest and greatest. Thought I'd start a discussion on the strongest looking device coming up: Galaxy S5, HTC M8, any others.

Thoughts?

I'm a cell / laptop nut... always changing and upgrading... for android I have to say Nexus 5 hands down is the best overall available phone for high end and Moto G for low end.

My plan isn't renewed until next summer so I'd have to buy retail, so I guess I'd be looking for price/performance while still going fairly high end

The Nexus series is great value. Also, once it's time, you might want to consider switching to a cheaper prepaid plan, especially if you have Wifi access most of the time..

I really do like the coverage I get from Verizon, in spite of all the bull security from them. Oh and I'm still piggybacking off my parents's plan, so for now I'll stick with the carrier.

I'll look into Nexus but it'll be weird living without TouchWiz, being with Samsung as long as I have.

Don't worry, the change isn't radical and easy to get used to with some patience.

Hmm alright I'll look into Nexus, I know a pretty tech savvy friend with one so I'll talk to him, although his has CyanogenMod on it.

Back