• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best RAM for Athlon64 939 3200+ system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guillaume

Mobo: DFI Lanparty NF4 SLi
VGA: 6800GT x 2

I'm currently contemplating:

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-4000PRO
OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 1GB Dual Channel Gold VX
Crucial BL6464L505 - Ballistix Tracer PC4000 DDR Memory
G.skill (Samsung TCCD) DDR PC-4400
G.skill (Samsung TCCD) DDR PC-4400 CAS 2-2-2-5

Which one do you think is the best for O/C and the best bang for the buck?

For the price and performance potential, you can't hardly beat that deal at Outpost.

The DFI NF4 boards plays real well with all of the UTT/BH ram.

Performance at 265-275 with 2-2-2-x timings...that's real!

I'd go with the UTT ram myself. Nothing like getting 250+ fsb with CL2-2-2-x. Just need a good PSU that'll back up those voltages :)

yep either some krankin tccd to run 1-1 or some bh5/utt for cheep, cause god bless oskar wu(dfi head engineer) gave the option of 4 volts to ur vdimm...

/agree, that mushkin enhanced or some tccd for sure. make absoloutely sure you flash your bios to the latest revision to ensure high-speed compatibility. some dfi nf4 boards have trouble OCing until the bios is flashed to latest, especially with tccd. and dont forget to poke around the dfi-street.com forums

The "best memory" would probably be the GSkill PC4400 LE..... the "best deal" would be whichever cheap UTT ram you can find.... The mushkin stuff "seems" to be go so far although I haven't seen quite enough testing yet...... I'm using the TwinMOS TMII sticks, just as cheap if not cheaper than the Mushkin Blue but with a little higher risk of getting something other than UTT. If you get a "good" pair of UTT sticks you'll be able to hit at least 260HTT with 2-2-2-x timings.

Back