• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best RAM for overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rastamanox

I am interested in buying some ddr ram for my mobo. I am not sure which to buy. pc2100, pc2400, micron, crucial or mushkin? Any suggestions and any good places to get good deals on good ram?

First off welcome to the forums!

Pc 2400 is rated for a higher Front Side Bus so that is definitely the best choice there. On the brand I prefer crucial as I've always had very good experience with overclocking it and it is priced very inexpensively, usually with free shipping.

www.crucial.com

From waht I have read crucail is supose to rock. I saw a report that crucial ram overclocks the best on the KG7 series, if that worth anything to ya

Thelemac said:
www.crucial.com

Use the link from the special on the front page...gets you 15% off. They also have free 2nd day shipping. :)

Im building a computer for a friend, an amd 1400 on a KG7 mb, and needed advice on this subject as well. He does a lot of sound editing, being lead in a band, so he needs his ram. However, i dont see pc2100 512 chips in crucial. Any advice on what brand would be best for these?

Corsair 2100, just make sure you check on the KG7 memory requirements I think you need to use registered ddr or something if you use more than 2 memory slots.
Its also expensive like $150 for 1 stick.

Or $190 on pricewatch for one stick. :( Dang.. ill hafta see just how badly he wants that ram. ;) Seems to me you could do all the sound editing in the world with 4 256 sticks anyhow, for a whole lot cheeper.

Thanx much for the advice.

You can get Mushkin 256mb stick pc2400 for $69, and it has huge anodized puple heat spreaders on it. i have a stick and i can boot into windows at 167mhz, cas2, and Turbo Settings. At default voltage

That is not to shabby

Back