• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG PSU BFG/GR650WGSPSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Hello all!
Figured I'd post up some stuff I'm tinkering with at the moment. Here is a BFG of off Flee bay got for about $18.00 with shipping, I opened it up first thing as it was FULL of dust bunnies. Then I removed the main board screws as none of the CAPS seemed to be swelled up or leaking, and boom burnt traces underneath the board. Problem is now I don't even know this parts name?
Here' is my history for you all to see so you know I'm a noob to this stuff, I have worked as a Slot Technician for the past eight years, mostly part swapping. But I always love to open stuff up, as if its blown anyway why not not right? I've worked as a mechanic, ETC. I was planing on maybe doing a CAP job on it, spank it on the *** and use it for a friends build. Here in full glory are da picture's, again assume nothing as I don't know what that four pin part is, but I have learned enough to know that simply replacing it is asking for trouble too........

OH and I do have a new soldering iron with several tips for it, some de-solder and such. I'm running right now on a ACER X223W that I got for $40.00 off of Flee bay I planed on fixing, turns out it was a stuck button and will do nothing while the button is "stuck" such as power on :rofl:
Thanks guys!

BFG PSU 009.JPG

BFG PSU 010.JPG

BFG PSU 011.JPG

BFG PSU 005.JPG

Last edited:
OK that part name is a "bridge rectifier" it has a 1006 witch turns out to be this 10A 600V.

UPDATE: I was going to post a link to another forum witch gave me help on this problem, but thought twice as I'm new and generally that is looked at with "he's trying to link to another site" witch I'm not but would like to help others who have problems with there PSU. So if anybody is interested I found my help at "BADCAPS.NET FORUM" if this is not accepted then please remove, I did not link as I was trying to do the right thing......
So after receiving help from them it looks like the Bridge blew out cause of dust that had built up inside the PSU, next time I'll get a picture of it. I will also need a new fuse for the unit as well. I'll post photos of the repair when the parts get here.

Last edited:
Small up date:
I replaced the bridge rectifier and the main fuse total cost from Digikey $2.70 plus shipping, I don't have any photo's yet. But the PSU is up and running. I'll post some photo's when I use my DMM to test the leads to make sure I have what it should have at each wire.

PhIlLy ChEeSe, we don't mind linking offsite to something that helps explain your problem or illustrates it better. What we don't want are people trying to spam their forum here, which you obviously wouldn't be doing. And badcaps.net is a known forum that many people go to when they have electronic component problems with motherboards and whatnot, so feel free to link to other sites as long as you aren't spamming your own here.;)

mudd

PhIlLy ChEeSe, we don't mind linking offsite to something that helps explain your problem or illustrates it better. What we don't want are people trying to spam their forum here, which you obviously wouldn't be doing. And badcaps.net is a known forum that many people go to when they have electronic component problems with motherboards and whatnot, so feel free to link to other sites as long as you aren't spamming your own here.;)

mudd

Cool man!
Thanks, I just didn't want any issue's(truth be told)I didn't read all the "rulez".
So here's a link to my help that I got over there at the forum, they are VERY helpful and I can't wait to do my next fix there. Site name is " Badcaps.net forum"
http://badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15841&highlight=Philly+Cheese+Steak&page=2

Last edited:
Back