• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Flashing Probs!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=jonnyrotten=-

Registered
Help!! My computer is down... This is what happened, I downloaded the newest bios for my p4p800-vm from the Asus website. I followed the instructions to the t off the website and made sure they matched with the instructions in my user's manual. The flash was successful. The pc rebooted by itself after flashing the new bios and took a long time to load. I then rebooted 2 more times and it kept taking too long to boot, so I decided to replace the updated bios with the original per the instructions on resetting bios back to it's original state. Flash successful! Reboot, and then nothing...black screen. I powered down after waiting for awhile and rebooted, and now nothing. No bios, no post testing, nothing. My monitor tells me that it is working fine, but I need to check my pc. Asus tech support says they'll call me back, but they don't. I am wondering if maybe I need a new flash rom chip now.... I unplugged the power and cleared by moving the jumper for 10 seconds. I then put the jumper back to it's original spot and removed the battery for 5 minutes. Still no go...
AAhhhhhhhhh!! I am on my computer at school right now and when I get home no more net, I am going to go crazy!

-=jonnyrotten=-

Last edited:
it's a bad bios flash, you can either get a new bios chip or rma it, it's up to you really if you rma it Asus will probably pick up the tab for the shipping and the bios chip will be probably around $15.

Back