• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bashar

I just got a LANPARTY UT nF4-D and got it all hooked up and its running great. I went to check the bios and it was dated 2005/11/14 so I went to the DFI site and they have some updates.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Downlo...D=3529&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&STATUS_FLAG=A&SITE=NA

Now I was going to use the winflash to do a update and then I looked at the different updates they have. What does this stand for?
The BIOS Upgrade for SST 49LF040B LPC flash ROM Only
I figured my mobo was new so I just went with the latest one 2006/04/06. Well after flashing it, clearing the cmos I almost started to hit my head on the desk. It would not boot up right, it shows what cpu I use then hangs there for like 4-5 mins then starts to show the memory ect. I was able to get back into windows and flashed to the 2006/03/29 since it does not have that SST Flash rom only listed. I also see people calling the 2006/03/29 bata's.

Am I doing something wrong here? I tried to find what that LPC flash rom was for but only got the driver pages when I searched.

Back