• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitspower True Brass confusion.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dad00

I am building my first water cooled computer. To minimize corrosion due to dissimilar metals I want to build with mostly copper and brass. I want to minimize or eliminate Nickel. From the Bitspower Online store in Taiwan, you can get a description of each True Brass fitting. Some fittings such as the 1/2 inch Barb are described as "Hi Quality Brass Material" with no mention of a finish as they appear to be just a bare brass fitting. Other fittings are described as "High durability True Brass Finish", and other fittings are described as "High durability Nickel Finish in True Brass Color".
From people who have bought these "True Brass" fittings, are the Bitspower Online store descriptions accurate? Is there Nickel in the "High durability True Brass Finish"? From people who have used these fittings in their "Distilled Water + Silver" only systems have you had any corrosion from any of the Bitspower True Brass fittings, and if so, what finish did the fitting have on it?

Chased the link ATMINSIDE. The black paint would concern me only for the final fit. The prices that they charge make me think that a black nickel coating would be more appropriate for both fit and longevity, and affordable at the volume that they process. Any plating normally is only .0002-.0003" thick which doesn't generally cause thread or tooling interference issues.

Chased the link ATMINSIDE. The black paint would concern me only for the final fit. The prices that they charge make me think that a black nickel coating would be more appropriate for both fit and longevity, and affordable at the volume that they process. Any plating normally is only .0002-.0003" thick which doesn't generally cause thread or tooling interference issues.

Having used those fittings, I can say they work very well.
I mean, EVGA supplied them with their Hydro Copper block for quite a few years.

Back