• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue Core! axqea 0347 Blue core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__TRONIK__

I have read a few things about blue cores being good overclockers (when in tbred b's)

I've never seen one but can't wait to try it out. I move a lot of 2500+'s so I have pick of whichever I like, but I can never be sure what the actual cpu limit might be. I have good mem, mobo, cooling, power supply et all but I can never be sure of what I am limiting.

I've never broken 2.5ghz, and opengl games do not like 2.4. This is with two bartons and bumping vcore never got me higher.

hope this one does- anyone have experience with this stepping/week and/or a blue core?

There were a lot of Applebred Duron 0347 that were unlocked , and yes blue cores are supposedly the best .. Dunno .. Get it - might hit the jackpot !!

Nice on the apple! well this has been an interesting couple hours of o/c'ing. I went into my fortron 350 watt and found the pots for my rails. Boosted them to about 5.1 and 12.15 at stock mhz and then tried my old barton again at 2.5 - it folded for a couple mins and tehn blue screened based on services.exe. this was 11x227 @ 2.08 true vcore with 7-3-2-2 and cpu interface on. shoulda tried w/out cpu interface but didna think of it.

swapped in "blue core" and booted 223x11 for about 2450mhz 10-2-2-2 and cpu interface on. I was taking the oppurtunity to try out some ceramique instead of teh AS5 - and I was idling @ 58c! d'oh! shutdown, quickly please! got some as5 back on there and tried again - first @ 1100mhz to test the temps (32c - a-ok) tehn at 227x11 with 7-3-2-2 cpu interface off. Folding at 2.5ghz now for about 20minutes and loading at 50c. Too hot for me.

but this is kinf of a test to see how cherry the chip is. I'll be moving into a different case soon and improving the watercooling pump (running crappy 200pgh), fans(90->120mm), and adding a reservoir. The cpu just might be prommie mach 1 cooled as well. the board is getting a voltmod and a better NB sink, or a waterblock.

sapphire 9700 pro on its way getting voltmods and my maze3 gpu block.

Hope I can get this think cool at 2.5 w/out a prommie - I may be running too much vcore, I jsut wanted to run a ton at the start.

Oh yes, I will be back at 20,000 3dmarks....mmwuhahaha

the core of the cpu has a different finish than you are used to seeing. Most are a purplish shade, some are red, and some are bluish. The blue and to some extent red cores had great reputations among tbred b's for o/c'ing. I have never seen one of those and I have never even heard of a blue barton b4. Up to 2.5ghz now and there may be more left after 2.4 was my max stable overclock with 2 other 2500+'s. This one looks to be a cherry. Or blueberry.

Got it to do 227x11 @ 2.08vcore (may not need this much) for 2.5ghz, cpu interface disabled, 7-3-2-2. Folded for a couple hours before I rebooted to burn it in for 24 hours or so at 133x11 and 2.15vcore.

still hope I can upgrade the cooling or use less vcore to get 2.5 - even if it is stable I dont like my load temps up that high. I bet on a prommie this sucka would do 2.7-2.8 and maybe betta if I'm lucky.

Still interested in the mobile bartons, though. Need to collect more info about their overclocks. Also read somewhere that they have some sort of instruction set that some mobos dont like. (like mine supposedly) I wonder if differing instruction sets mean the mobile barton is not as fast at the same speed as a desktop barton.

So which one does it look like in the pic I attached .. Left dark or blue light .. ?

Attachments

• a1_blu_core.jpg
    a1_blu_core.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 195
i havent heard the core color reference since this cpu was all the rage. the one in the pic did 1250 on air back in the day. i've thought a couple times about popping it in to see what it will do on water.

Attachments

• p1050039.jpg
    p1050039.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
yeah i ran out to a computer show after reading about it. found TWO of them a bought them both. at the time they were $175 ea.

the second one did 1200. but yeah, a 500mhz overclock at that time was golden. the only bad part at that time, was the lack of the exceptional heatsinks that we have now. the kanie hedgehog was about the best you could buy for air cooling, couple that with a 60mm Delta black label fan. f you've ever heard one of those things, you'll never forget that sound.

you in H'burg Va. btw?

Tonik - I bet it looks all white if you tilt it to the one side huh ? The one on the right ( darker core ) are supposedly THE best overclockers . The have a copper core and all copper traces and contacts .. I dont know if they make them at a different plant is why , but yeah .. Uhh .. What is the name of the BIGGEST 60mm heatsink - all aluminum , polished , with holes drilled thru it all around ?? Thats the heatsink I had in the Axia days .. THE CORE !!! CpuFX - It just came to me !! I loved it .!! Sold it as a package deal .. K7s5a + Athlon + The core for $170 !!
coresilver_perspec.jpg
Ta daa !! :cool:

I am not sure there is a tbred b or a barton with that dark shade of blue. I had heard the ssame thing though, that a blue core means some more copper components than usual are used.

weird bit is the stepping compared to another 2500+ I received in the same shipment of two. check it out - and by red core I mean the standard purplish color

blue core

axda2500dkv4d t818477k30384
axqea 0347xpmw

red core
axda2500dkv4d t818477k30141
axqea 0347xpmw

nearly the same.

Yeah - just like most Niuhb 0334 are red cores and teh niuhb 0335 is blue cores .. BTW the dark blue core on the right is a 2400 T-bred B Aixib 0338 "Y" !! They have had a lot of older cpus with that same core though too ..

polarys425 said:
couple that with a 60mm Delta black label fan. f you've ever heard one of those things, you'll never forget that sound.

you in H'burg Va. btw?

The SK-6 / Delta "Black Label" 60mm combo still gives me nightmares.

well I am finding out new stuff -specifically, she runs like a dream at 2.46 with 1.9vcore (maybe less - avoiding bsods hardcore)

I think it is my mem fsb or teh board limiting me now. I'll confrim that suspicion by turning off interface, loosening timings, and cranking fsb to eliminate the ram. To eliminate the mobo - well I can't, can I. Well that's getting a vdd and vdimm voltmod, bottleneck or not. Take that, sanity.

Oh yes, and if you have a shot at a blue core barton, i suggest you take it. They are tasty.

Back