• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buy a PS4 just to play Reddead 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I'm leaning toward buying a PS4 Pro just to play RD2 and probably Uncharted 4....Talk me off the ledge! I should just wait for PC version of RD2, Right?

Could be couple years before that happens..
Ok good, then I should just go ahead and get one:D

I was thinking the PS5 would be out for xmas next year and I would be crazy for buying a PS4 so late in the cycle...I just really wanna relive the West. RD1 was one of my favorites.:beer:

Anyone else suffering for the PC release?

For the lack of proper hardware and sufficient loot, I'm watching gameplay instead and now Taco wants to be an outlaw! So cool graphics! Barfights are second to none, and horsepoop too!

I succumbed and ordered the PS4 Pro RD2 bundle from Walmart...:screwy: Have to suffer till at least Tue, when it gets here..:waiting:

PS4 has a few exclusives worth picking up, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, the Uncharted stuff, and probably a few others I forgot.

Came a day early...almost done installing RD2, been listening to the Bomb and Beast Cast at work, so I am all amped up.:drool:
Awesome, another giant bomb fan! (Been listening to the guys since the Gamespot days)

Awesome, another giant bomb fan! (Been listening to the guys since the Gamespot days)
I'll guess your a Tested fan as well? :thup: those folks all have the Gift of Gab:blah: and I mean that in the most complimentary way:)
If you mean the unit, I can do that...If you mean Gameplay, I'll be struggling to learn the interface of the PS4, (Its not exactly intuitive) So may be a while till I figure out how to record gameplay. Even with directions it took me 10 minutes last night to do a manual save...They could have just said hit the options button..

Last edited:
I'll guess your a Tested fan as well? :thup: those folks all have the Gift of Gab:blah: and I mean that in the most complimentary way:)
If you mean the unit, I can do that...If you mean Gameplay, I'll be struggling to learn the interface of the PS4, (Its not exactly intuitive) So may be a while till I figure out how to record gameplay. Even with directions it took me 10 minutes last night to do a manual save...They could have just said hit the options button..
It's actually fairly intuitive. There's a share button on the controller to take screenshots. I like the interface more on PS4 than on Xbox. (Also much faster)

It's actually fairly intuitive. There's a share button on the controller to take screenshots. I like the interface more on PS4 than on Xbox. (Also much faster)
Yes and I found that quite by accident fumbling around...The controller is fine, The abundance of icons and the levels of the home screen , when one is not familiar with it is confusing. (And I own a PS3, just have not used in years) The game it self has a steep learning curve, Rockstar isn't great at tutorials. If I wasn't watching 20 youtubes on gameplay every day , I would never figure things out, like feeding your horse while on it, or how to switch interacting with multiple NPC's clustered together. 10 hours on in and I am not done the game tutorials....It has funny things happen , but learning to play the game isn't that much fun...

Aye mate sir! Photo of hardware! :cheers:

I keep it stealthed next to the Desk, I put it up top so it can be seen, someday it may go in the Man-Cave hooked to the 65". Right now I have to stay close to my ailing wife in case she needs me, so its on the 27" 4K monitor.
Desktopstealth.jpg DesktopPS4.jpg

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

How did you name your horse?
I am heading to the stable where that is done right now...The magnificent steed will be named UltraTaco:cheers:

That is one sweet looking clean setup!! Thank you!

I am heading to the stable where that is done right now...The magnificent steed will be named UltraTaco:cheers:
Ah, good Sir, You are wonderful!:clap:

If it makes you feel any better i bought a PS4 just to play Tetris Effect

i didnt get a pro though, none of them went on sale for black friday....

Back