• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

c drive 500gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

th1sm4dn3ss

Registered
Hello,i have a c drive 500gb ssd than a backup hdd 2tb and a third drive also 500gb ssd,
now the c drive is too small and would like 2 replace it with a 1tb ssd but how do i migrate the 500gb ssd
on to the 1tb ssd?

edit should i leave the ssd 500gb in the first slot,remove the 2nd ssd 500gb in the 2nd slot and
replace the 1tb ssd in the 2nd slot,but how do i get the data from the 1st slot ssd on to the 2nd slot ssd?

but how do i migrate the 500gb ssd
on to the 1tb ssd?

but how do i get the data from the 1st slot ssd on to the 2nd slot ssd?

...use cloning software of your choice. There are several free ones (Macruin Reflect is what I use)

As far as physical location/what these are connected to, it shouldn't matter.

EDIT: Also, you need to discern between SSDs. M.2 and 2.5" SSD as they use different connections (M2 and SATA ports).

I probably should have clarified...

More often than not, in a free application, you need to give an email or fill out some information. You do NOT have to do that with Macrium or MTPW.

I just don't want to split hairs with this OP as he's all over the map.

Hey EarthDog just Cuse you think does not mean it is set in stone!!!!! Have you used the program or just go by what people say without ever using is just dumb as H3ll!!!!!
You should probably settle down and re-read my post.

More often than not, in a free application, you need to give an email or fill out some information. You do NOT have to do that with Macrium or MTPW.

Back