• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot uninstall Audigy drivers HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galador

I did a clean format of my HD and reinstalled Xp for starters then windows updated, chipset drivers, then ATI drivers, then the Audigy drivers.
During movies and games I hear this irritating noise so start to uninstall the Audigy drivers using add/remove thinking it just needs a reinstall.
When I try to remove the drivers it reboots ( crashes) prematurely before unistallation can be completed.
Changing speaker settings from 2.1 to 4.1 also forces XP to reboot ( crash)
Tried to use the setup.exe from the install disk then choose uninstall but that didn't work either :bang head.
Any ideas will be welcome.

Red
I have used this sound card for years and it does produce awsome sound on music.
For some reason not on games starting after last OS reinstall.
I cannot think of what I have done differently this time.

hmm never had a problem like that with mine. i know that the drivers from the web dont work. im stuck using the ones off the cd. i would use drivercleaner to get rid of them. that always seems to work the best for me. have a good one!

Yogurt

Got tired of waiting for an answer so I formatted and reinstalled xp.....again.
I now got all 4 speakers working right on all things except I still got a crackling sound on Silkroad Online to the point I can't play but that is a minor issue.
Anybody got any idea what could be causing this crackling sound on this game?

Update: Issue resolved, updated the Creative drivers and all is well, never had to do that to get them to work correctly before. The drivers from CD has always been enough.

Last edited:
Back