• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't modify multiplier on XP 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steph_gsxr

Registered
I have a XP 1700+ Palomino using a Asus A7V266-E Motherboard.
I've connected the L1 bridge using the mod on Tom's Hardware site ( plug the perforations using Superglue, connect the L1 bridge using a conductive lacquer ... ).

My Multiplier has always been set at "11x". When I try to change it to another value now thru the BIOS, my computer will not boot up anymore. I'm brought back to the BIOS automatically after doing a cold boot so I can change my setup. I changed it back to "11x" and all is good.

Anyone have a idea what could be the cause ?

My current setup is :

WinXP
256mb DDR PC2100
Athlon XP 1700+ Palomino
FSB set to 145
Vcore : 1.85v
MemV : 2.8v
Cpu temp : 55c

Thanks for the help

I would say, get a 1700+ tbred from newegg, it's like $42 and sell your current cpu for like $35 and you'll get a new cpu that's overall better.

I checked out newegg but they don't sell there products over here in Canada. If you know of another store online which does, please let me know as I'm really interested in setting up a good system.

I'll try to do the unlock process once again. Is it possible that I shorted some pins ( one next to the other ) by mistake ?
When checking with my multimeter, the 3rd and 4th pair of pins
seemed to be shorted possibly ( wasn't sure due to them being so close ).

Thanks

Well, I tried unlocking it once again and it is not working.

I'm sure that all 5 pair of pins in the L1 bridge have been connected properly since I have no resistance when checking them using a Multimeter with the ground as reference on the CPU.

My issue is possibly that I also have no resistance between certain pair of pins within the L1 bridge. I've tried to scratch it out using a needle but it didn't help. Is this possibly my problem ? If so, what can be done safely to cut the connections between these pair of pins effectively ?

When I connected the pins, I taped them all off to avoid this kind of issue ...

Thanks

Ben721 said:
I would say, get a 1700+ tbred from newegg, it's like $42 and sell your current cpu for like $35 and you'll get a new cpu that's overall better.

I would like to know how to sell an used pally or a Tbred A in good oc condition, if so how easy. ebay, or ...?

Back