• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't run Prime95 at 155 FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McWarren

Hey guys, I wanted to know if you could help me get my hardware running at at least 155 FSB. Here's what I've got:

2200+ XP, unknown stepping (wrote it down but lost the scrap of paper!)

ABIT NF7-S v1.2 w/ bios 20

256MB Generic PC2700 DDR DIMM

My goal for now is to get an FSB of at least 166 MHz, giving a total speed of 2.2 GHz.

I could get the system running and doing Prime95 nicely at an FSB of 150.

Next I go to 155 Mhz, and to eliminate the memory bottleneck I use a divisor to keep it as close as I can to 300Mhz, because I know the memory is OK at that speed. Running a Prime95 test caused the system to hang, so I've upped the Vcore to 1.725 and the Vdd to 1.9 (highest it will go).

Prime95 doesn't crash now, but it gives rounding errors on the first test loop.

So, I'd like some assistance on what to do next- do I push Vcore higher, or is it un-neccessary? Should I be thinking about cooling my southbridge and MOSFETs yet?

Other info- MBM reports core temperature at about 42 C before the Prime95 test stops, so I don't think temperatures are a problem.

I think I read somewhere before that the NF7 series doesn't support on-die temperatures, can someone confirm that?

Lower the multiplier and see if prime95 works correctly then. start off at 155x10 then inch up the multiplier till it fails.

XP2200+ is probably Thoroughbred-A processor. Those top out at ~2GHz. You have a great board that allows you to lower your multiplier. Try 11*166MHz or 11.5*166MHz for example.

Back