• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't See Winamp because...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FunkDaMonkMan

I had two monitors enabled, and winamp last ran on my 2nd monitor. I took the PCI card out to put in another machine, and now when winamp loads, it loads where the 2nd monitor would be.

How can I get it back to the main monitor :confused:

The position info for Winamp is stored in a winamp.ini file. I couldn't make head nor tale of it, but you should be able to delete the .ini and Winamp should rewrite it the next time it starts up with the default settings.

I just used my computer as the guinea pig, and when you delete the Winamp.ini file, it rewrites it with all the default settings and asks you for your personal info, just as if you are starting for the 1st time. It starts up with the minibrowser and all the windows open in the middle of Screen 1.

n17ikh said:
The position info for Winamp is stored in a winamp.ini file. I couldn't make head nor tale of it, but you should be able to delete the .ini and Winamp should rewrite it the next time it starts up with the default settings.

I just used my computer as the guinea pig, and when you delete the Winamp.ini file, it rewrites it with all the default settings and asks you for your personal info, just as if you are starting for the 1st time. It starts up with the minibrowser and all the windows open in the middle of Screen 1.

Wahoo!, I love you!!... er... thanks

(Music is an important part of my life)

Note: With Winamp 3, you have to delte the "Studio.xnf" file to get it to revert to default.

You LOVE me???? um.... *backs away slowly* :D

Ok, I figured that it might be different with 3, I use good old Winamp 2.81... not even the latest version of Winamp 2. :D

in winamp 2.80 (I can't stand 3 either :)) in the winamp.ini file you are looking for the following:

wx=?
wy=?

replace the ?'s with 0's and it will load in the top left of the screen. :)

No idea in winamp 3.

Back