• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Carputer Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Erm.. what kind of car? Iv never worked with such things before but you would need a ITX board and a ITX case I suppose unless if you can intergrate it into your dash somehow.

Erm.. what kind of car? Iv never worked with such things before but you would need a ITX board and a ITX case I suppose unless if you can intergrate it into your dash somehow.

ITX is the sort of thing I have in mind, although I'm also considering a Mac Mini. I guess my problem is I don't want to spend much money on this project. Not yet anyway.

ITX is the sort of thing I have in mind, although I'm also considering a Mac Mini. I guess my problem is I don't want to spend much money on this project. Not yet anyway.

Well, Macs are typically over priced... You can probably pick up a cheap ITX CPU board combo on new egg (I remember they USED to have them, havent checked lately) I recall 60 bucks or so for a 900 mhz model if im not mistaken.. and for car functionality 900 should be plenty given 256-512 mbs of ram.

Pico-ITX or Nano-ITX might be a more viable solution for an in-dash carputer. I think the Mini-ITX board itself would prolly be small enough, though coupled with a case might make the fit tight in the dash.

~ Gos

Back