• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case & Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The flaming Cow

Registered
I am building my own PC for the first time, I was thinking of getting an AMD 1600+ CPU, and was curious what kind of case and PSU people would suggest to a newbie. I was kind of thinking of getting an aluminum case, so any suggestions for a well made case that isn't too expensive would be much appreciated. Oh yeah, and I plan to overclock as well. thanks.

-The Flaming Cow :mad:

Well, if you are looking at aluminum, you are not going to find anything too cheap. Lian Li makes the good ones...

With regard to psu, read through this topic and you will learn a lot. Besides looking at overall wattage, look for the "combined" wattage" of the 3.3V and 5V lines. This is a better comparison, and important when using a power hungry Athlon. Again, there is a thread in this topic where Hoot discussed this issue.

If you need to conserve money, aluminum cases are too expensive. I suggest going to AMD's approved for Athlon list of PS's. Every one has an opinion, I like PC Power&Cooling's PS's the best. Because PC Power&Cooling's PS's are quite expensive, I bought a Sparkle 350W PS recently. I like it a lot, so far.

Why not have a look at www.a-pro.com ? You can learn a lot about cases there.

Back